Saturday, April 9, 2011

Layla's 1st haircut

Well, her 1st "real" haircut at least. My mom cut her hair when she was still a baby, because even then her hair was falling in her face.

She was super excited. So proud and not scared or worried in the least. I think she felt super grown up and it made me excited for the first "mommy / Layla spa day" that we will have some day.

Our next "1st": Layla's getting her ears pierced! She has to save 10 stickers from the "Bed-time Fairy" (for going to bed like a good girl and listening well) before we do it, and has 3 saved so far. She's VERY exctited, even after I told her it hurts. What?! She needs to know that!

Before the cut, while waiting in the lobby w/ the other clients.
She was so proud to be wearing this cape!
The final product -- Nope, can't really tell a big difference in this picture. But, the girl has her mommy's hair. When it air dries, it's part wavy, part curly, part straight. So although it's a little hard to decipher here, the point is, she now has bangs instead of long locks that fall over her gorgeous face and the back is even now - no more super long rat tail / tuft, whatever you call that hair that grows longer in the way back.
And of course, the "after my 1st haircut" treat! A green tootsie roll (eeewww). :)

4 comments:

Tee said...

She totally looks so proud! How cool! She's so sweet!! Hey...can I get in on one of the Mommy/Layla spa days since I've got all boys? Just one...and I promise to be good! :-) Layla girl you look beautiful (you did before, but now we can see you're gorgeous face better!)

Anonymous said...

I like how she's looking over the top of her glasses to show off her green tootsie(gross, I'm with ya)

Way to go layla!

g

April said...

Thanks guys! She was so excited on her big day - and mommy was so excited to see that because it meant I can take my girly girl on spa trips w/ me someday soon! :) Of course you can tag along Tee!!

Deanna said...

She is so incredibly cute...I can hardly take it!