Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Busy Busy Busy!





These last few days have been busy busy busy for the Sherman family. Jake has wrapped up summer school and is hammering away (literally and figuratively) at the basement and prepping for a three week stint that will be spent sleeping in the grass (Ft. McCoy, Army training).

We've been hunkered down, running errands and prepping for his time away. In the mean time, Bean's been super busy. Her favorite thing on the planet these days: going for super long walks in her stroller (which makes her hair super curly in this heat), standing up in her crib, drinking whole milk (yep, milk, not formula) out of a sippy cup and playing w/ spoons and spatulas! Go Beepa, Go Beepa.

That's the latest. Nothing too spectacular or englightening. I am insanely busy at work and thanking the good Lord that I made the switch from the patch back to the pill. Women: Watch out for the patch... It sucked every single ounce of energy, motivation and optimisim that I ever had right out of me and spit it into some abyss in space. Since going back on the pill, I feel like an entirely new person on caffine pills. I can't believe the difference it has made. I know a handful of girls who have never been phased by the patch like I was, and that's all good and well. But if you're a crazy medical mystery like me, steer clear dude. If I was still on the patch, I'd be a pile of wasted space in the corner right now.

5 comments:

Tee said...

Yippee! I love the new pics! I can't believe how much hair Layla bean has now! It's so cute! Speaking of long walks and exercise are you still doing the spinning class?

The Sherman's said...

No. Ended in spring and they don't offer any over the summer. I'm on a "Jake Sherman" workout routine as of late and am trying to do lots of long walks/runs as often as possible. Back on the 'diet train' and going strong. Choo Choo! I'll be back in spin class come fall. Summer sessions at the Hartford rec are devoted to kid stuff, so I'm SOL for now and have resorted to old school home workouts.

Lindsey said...

lol. you always have issues w/ everything. i only had the issue of the ring of fuzzies from the patch. i swear, you need turpentine to get that stuff off!

Tee said...

Lindsey! OMG the ring of fuzzies is insane! turpentine...good idea haven't tried that yet. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't have that problem. Just go abstinent, thats my game!

g