Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Midsummer Night's Dream

No, I haven't read it (I know, shame shame). It just popped into my head as I sat down to type my blog update. We're already past "midsummer", it's night, and all I did today was daydream. About what you ask? Oh, who knows... vacations on the beach, having so much money that I don't know what to do with it (no, money doesn't buy happiness, but seriously sometimes I beg to differ). I was also thinking about how Jake and I haven't assigned a legal guardian for Layla yet in case something should (God forbid) happen to us. Come on, that's just not acceptable.

So, I've made it a goal to get that done this weekend. Yeah, sounds simple right? Writing our will and assigning a legal guardian for Layla. That is some serious shit right there. That's a super serious and heavy decision to make as parents, but it's a huge thing to ask of someone. "Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Wanna go get a drink and then hit the lake? Oh, and can you be the sole guardian of Layla if something ever happens to Jake or I? Great. Thanks." If anyone has any hot tops on writing a will, shoot 'em our way please!!

This past weekend was pretty chill for the Sherman's. Hit a lake party on Saturday and relaxed on Sunday. Jake has been up North, doing something fancy with the Iron Grid for the past three days and is set to be home by 8:00. Layla's pretty excited about that (and I suppose I am too). :) Now, just push through the week and get to the weekend... Jake's taking the Ice Man to a Brewer game for a late dad's day / bday gift and I believe Bean and I are hanging out w/ G'ma D. Sounds like a nice family weekend to me!

I'll leave you with this "Midsummer Night's Dream"... Dooce. She makes a living blogging about her life and on the book she wrote about going coo coo after she had her first kid. Now that's what I call interesting. And I found out today she makes over 1 million dollars a year. Maybe I should start blogging about my co-workers and get fired so that I can start up my own internationally known blog and be rich? Yeah? You think??

5 comments:

The Schultz's said...

Hey Darling - go with a lawyer on drawing up the will and the guardianship of Layla. It's about the same price as Legalzoom.com but you get more out of a lawyer vs. a generic form to fill out. At the very minimum, you and jake write and sign a letter naming the legal guardian. Get it notarized and a copy in your records and the guradians. as you said, that is CRUCIAL to have!! You don't want Layla to wind up in the court system, if somethng were to happen to you guys :(

The Sherman's said...

Great advice, thanks. So I can mark you and Jason down as Layla's legal guardian then? ;) We've committed to looking into it all this weekend. Should be a hoot. Last night we were talking about who we want to assign legal guardianship to, and it was dead silence between us.

Tee said...

Don't mean to put a downer on the situation, but Brian and I have been talking about the legal guardian thing for about 16 months now...it's one of the hardest things to decide...good luck with it this weekend.

Kelly, Matt, Teagan and Sutter said...

I made the conversation easy by saying well I wouldn't trust anyone on your side so that leaves mine. There done. Do you think I should tell my brother that if something happens to us that he'll have to grow up fast and leave his hippie lifestyle...na the surprise would be fun! Good luck this weekend though, it is such an important thing to do!

Anonymous said...

jeez, the next blog entry should be fun to read...

g