Friday, August 21, 2009

More from our Staycation!

Layla throwing pennies in the fountain by Nonnie's house. I asked her what she wished for but she wouldn't tell me.
Petting the Georgia O'Keefe cow in Sun Prairie --- awe.
Riding the cow -- she then proceeded to tell me the cow was hot and she wanted to get off. ;)
Walking in circles around the "fountain of youth".
Mommy, do you think this flower matches my dress? Or is it the wrong shade of pink?
Layla walking in the pool with Nonnie. Love this pic!!
Check me out! I am such a big girl!! Layla probably went down this slide 2909 times!!
Holla!
My little sunshine.
Right after she dunked under water!! She was super excited!!

Sorry blog followers... this is going to be a quick update as we're packing up and heading North for the weekend. But, knew it was far past my due date for posting more pics of the Sherman family staycation so forced myself to do it!!

The pictures are of our trip to see Nonnie in Sun Prairie. Layla loved the Georgia O'Keefe cow that's down town and loved making wishes with pennies in the water fountain. She had a SUPER time at the SP Aquatic center... I think she would've stayed and played there for the entire week had we let her! The funnest part for Jake and I was to watch how Layla would get increasingly more brave as the day went on. After about 20 times down the slide with help from Nonnie, Layla wanted NO help at all. And, soon after that she was hard charging into the water to jump into daddy's arms with no sense of caution what-so-ever. I think we may have quite the little swimmer on our hands!!!

Heading up to see G'pa and G'ma Sherman for the weekend. Lots of pictures will be taken there... all of Layla having a blast. She loves it there and I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend in the woods.

Later internet!!

2 comments:

Kelly, Matt, Teagan and Sutter said...

Cute pics! I was going to make fun of you because I thought Layla was wearing the same dress as she wore to the fair...but I see they're just similar...you apparently like gingham;) Give me a holla when you're back to Nascar alley.

Tee said...

I LOVE the Holla picture! She's so cute! So glad you guys had a great staycation!