Wednesday, August 12, 2009

State Fair on the Sherman Family "Staycation"!

Oh yes dear friends... I've done it. Posted pictures of an event that took place just a less than 24 hours ago!!! Whoo hooo!!! ;) Yesterday, we went to the WI State Fair with our friend Kruse. He was able to get us free tickets and free parking as his wife, Becky, works for U.S. Cellular (fair sponsor) and was able to pass the tickets our way. Thanks to you both, Becky and Jason!

Layla had a blast and was SUPER good. We were there all day and we didn't have one meltdown. Amazing. Layla's favorite thing was doing the bungee bounce thingie. Unfortunately, we don't have pics of that (by that time, my battery was dead on the camera). Jake has a great pic on his phone and we're in the midst of figuring out how to upload it to the computer. Anyway, it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. They put layla in a harness and set her on a huge trampoline and just started bouncing her up in the air. Jake was right there with her, telling the "assistant" how high she could go (not too high) so it was safe. Her face the ENTIRE time was VERY serious. But we could tell she was having a blast.

Here's Bean petting a giant horse... Now of all the things we did, THIS made me nervous. I hate horses. Don't trust 'em since I gut thrown off one at girl scout camp when I was a whipper snapper. Thankfully, this guy seemed pretty tame. He did almost eat the crayons Layla tried feeding him, so that was pretty funny. See his big old eye staring back at the camera?! Yikes!!
Oh yes blog fans... that's me, sitting right next to a giant cow! Aren't you proud Meyer's?? ;) Really though, I love cows. I think they're adorable. Sorry, I just do. And surprisingly, it wasn't too stinky next to this heifer. Bean was a smidge nervous, but she warmed up very quickly...
See?? :)
Awe daddy, you're cute.
Daddy, you look hot. Drink this water.
Ahhhh.... apple juice. Holla.
Mommy and Layla, just strolling through the fair grounds. Layla... such a ham for the camera!!
I just love this pic. She looks like an angel!!
Watching the pigs... another favorite of Layla's! She thought they were very amusing, even though they weren't doing anything spectacular. Just sleeping.

Today, we're off to see Nonnie (my mom) and will be hitting up the Sun Prairie aquatic center (water park, essentially). Layla will have a blast and will be so exicted to see Nonnie. She loves her sooo much!

More to come... :)

2 comments:

Tee said...

What does it look like to get "gut" thrown off a horse?!?!? Geezz I'd love to see that! (I have to give you shit because you give me shit about all my misspellings. ;-)) The picture of you and Layla in the street made me laugh out loud! I love her smile and miss her so much! Great work on the blog! Talk to you soon. Oh and it's Oscars arm in the ultrasound photos next to his face...

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had such a good time, and that Layla was so good there! Still quite sad I didn't get a chocolate-covered bacon on a stick review...:(

g