Saturday, October 3, 2009

Real Photo Shoot

Whoa. It's been a while since our last post. Where did September go? Oh, that's right - bow hunting started. Which means when we're not working, Jake's off in the woods somewhere (mostly out of town) and mommy is chasing Layla or off gallivanting with friends. So, the last thing I've wanted to do in my "down" time is log on to the computer - even if it is for a good cause (as I sit here logged on to two computers at once, trying to blog and get work done for a project deadline that crept up on me, and, I'm sitting on the phone with our useless IT group, trying to get logged on remotely. Yes, I said it - USELESS. They're useless and I cannot wait until we can this horrific VPN provider that calls themselves iPass. Yep. I said it. Go ahead, sue me).

So, I suppose that sums up the past few weeks in a nut shell. We've been moving at warp speed and we're pooped. Work's killing us both, Layla is in "never stops talking" phase and the "ShermBurger" wedding is coming up on us at an alarming rate!

Jake's fall softball team is doing "so-so"... I dunno, I think maybe they're at 2-1 right now?? I stopped listening before summer ball ended. ;) Absolutely notta going on with me. Just trying to enjoy the time I have with Layla at night and on the weekends. I swear, ever day she blasts at us with more energy than the day before! She's really starting to come in to her own, that's for sure.

Today, we had our annual family photo shoot - Jake, Layla, Mommy and Hudson (of course). It went really well and we managed to get all the outside shots in before the rain started (I see now that the sun is coming out but oh well, I think we got some pretty sweet shots in). Layla got some by herself in the studio as well. I think they're all going to turn out great, as our photographer shared a few of the pictures with us straight off her camera. Even Hudson had a self portrait done!! :) Amy (photographer) was impressed with how well Layla did and said that she's not used to 2 year olds doing that well for photo shoots (hmmm... imagine that, Layla enjoying her moment in the spotlight). She recommended that I send some of Layla's pics (ones that we had taken today or ones we take ourselves) to Kohl's for their ads. I guess they do all the photo shoots for their catalogues / circulars in Milwaukee - wouldn't that be fun!?

As soon as we have some of the shots from today's shoot, I'll post them for you. No seriously, I will. For now, I'm signing off... I have a crick in my neck from typing and waiting on hold with the world's LOUDEST, most ANNOYING hold music ever. Grrrrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bout time Hudson gets some Ink!

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see them...I'm hoping to con Matt into doing family pics with her in a couple weeks:)