Monday, November 9, 2009

32 and lovin' it

Happy Birthday to me, today! I'm the big 3-2 today and lovin' it (or so I keep trying to tell myself). Each year, my birthday gets more uneventful and less of a "to-do" than the last. Probably because I'm starting to understand what it feels like to get old and I don't want to celebrate that, and probably because the really important thing in my life is my little girl and hubby - who take up all my spare time and energy (in good and bad ways). ;)

Here are some things I've learned this year:

1. It's not selfish to think about yourself before others every once in a great while.
2. Coloring your own hair is easy and cheap. I am not above it!
3. It took me 31.75 years to grow up the courage to have someone besides my mom wax my eyebrows. They did not fall off and they look just fine.
4. I've learned to accept the things I cannot change and change the things I can (although, I don't always know the difference).
5. People who ask for advice over and over and don't take it, don't really want your advice. So, when those people continue to ask me for advice, I am going to start talking in gibberish to see what they say.
6. Glee is the best show to hit t.v. in like 32 years.
7. When it comes to kids - nothing is permanent - good or bad.
8. When it comes to kids - each day with them is better than the day before.
9. Friends who are far away and busy with lives of their own are always near and dear to my heart.
10. Family is the root of all happiness. And Zen, well, Zen is when I look into Layla's big baby blue's see all that she's learning and all that she'll learn from us.

Happy Flippin Bday to meeee!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Your picture strangely resembles some of the best times of your lives. I think the good old 20's still lies inside you, you just need to know where to find it!

The Schultz's said...

You're only as old as you feel!!! Happy Birthday!

Tee said...

Holy crap I need to get a grip on myself...you're post made me cry...well just the last one about Layla. Happy Birthday!

April said...

Thanks guys! I know, I'll always be a kid at heart. That's what makes life in the Sherman house so interesting! And, the fact that Jake will always be a kid at heart too!!

Nan said...

#9 is for me right!? love ya! hope you had a great day!