Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby Girl Turns 3 (on Sept 6th)

Gamma D, admiring Layla's new jewelry and purse from Auntie Tee.
Layla putting on her camo hat from Auntie Tee to model for the group.

Tired Bday girl, showing off her fancy Bday cupcake. Notice the blank stare. We were so beyond nap time here.



Grandpa Rog and Layla girl. Grandpa gave Layla this Tinker Bell princess outfit.

Nonnie and Layla. Awe.



Layla admiring her cupcake.


Layla girl, blowing out candles!

Cheeese!!!!


I'm baaaaack! ;) Oh yes ladies and gents, it's true. I'm blogging and I'm not dead. No siree! I won't bore you with reasons and excuses for my serious lag in posts ("lag", really? Is that even a real word?). Instead, I'll just give a brief "overview" of the latest haps in the Sherman house...

Jake started his new job at Plymouth and is loving it. The staff sounds amazing, community is great and students aren't complete idiots. ;)

Jake's commute has been a real challenge for the entire family - he leaves the house before Layla or I are even out of bed, and often isn't home until after Layla is in bed. We're managing, as best we can, and when we are all together as a family, we make the most of it because we know how precious the time really is.

Since Layla has turned 3, she's become quite the little miss "I'm all grown up and I know what I want". She's testing mommy's patience, especially in the recent months since daddy isn't always around to put an instant stop to her less than desirable listening skills. Last night we had a rough night, after Layla decided that instead of brushing her teeth and going potty, she instead would rather throw herself on the floor and have a tantrum about wanting to stay up and watch more of the movie we were watching (Glee). The night ended w/ me picking her up like a sack of potatoes and putting her in bed with the choice to sit there and cry w/out snuggles, or jump in my lap for some snuggles and to discuss the night's happenings so that we could learn something from what had happened. To that she answered, "I want my daaaaaaddy!" When I told her that daddy would provide the same options, she chose to snuggle and talk. My little lovely.

Let's see, what else... Work for me is INSANITY. But I won't get into the nitty gritty cuz I know no one cares about marketing in the world of finance. You're welcome.

There's more to come, but for now I'll cut this update short... Thanks for remaining fans - if there are any of you still out there!!!
Oh, and p.s. - the mansion on Foxtail will be up for sale soon. This is my test to see who really follows us on the blog. :)







3 comments:

Kelly said...

I didn't want your feelings to be hurt so I thought I'd comment and let you know that I read your blog. Good day to you.

Tee said...

I still check in on my favorite little blond girl!!! :-)

Nan said...

Happy belated Layla! So you're selling the place? Moving closer to Jake's work then? What's going on girl? Call me or shoot me an email. It's been too long! We are probably leaving the 27th of this month for TX. Josh is loving it down there and we can't be with him soon enough. The kids miss daddy big time so I know how Layla feels. ;-(