Thursday, September 30, 2010

Zoo Trip

Oh yeah, this zoo trip was over a month ago, but hey, I'm posting pics now so shut it (I say that with all the love and humor in the world).


This was Layla's last field trip for the summer, and man was it fun. They had enough chaperon es to let Layla and I be 1 on 1, so it was like we got our very own "Mommy and Layla day" at the zoo. We got to do our own thing, see whichever animals we wanted to, whenever we wanted, and we rode the carousel and choo choo train a couple of time too. We even stopped for a few snacks and on one occasion, Layla actually uttered the words, "How 'bout we take a quick rest?" Amazing, as I am quite certain I've never heard those words come out of her mouth.


The trip was a full day, so none of the kids had a nap. Let me tell you, by the afternoon, there were some dragging little ones. On the bus ride home, I had Layla sleeping on one side of me, and her tiny peanut friend Alanna (girl on the left in the picture below) sleeping on my other side.

All in all, this was by far one of my favorite mommy / Layla days I've had yet. It was so awesome to just hang out with Layla one on one and really interact with her and see what excites her. And watching her "lead the way" like a very confident little girl was the best. I can't wait for the next fun thing we get to do together... Here we come, pumpkin patch!!!

Chuggin' a lemonade on a warm late summer day!

Layla's favorite animal at the zoo is the zebra, so naturally, she picked the zebra for her carousel ride!

Cheeeeeeze!



Layla on the choo choo train.

Here's my ticket! All aboooaaaard!

Layla and her friend Jade being goofy at lunch time.


From left to right: Alanna, Layla and Jade. BFF's!


RRRRaaaaaar!!! Yes! This lion actually got right up in our grills! It was awesome!


So adorable... mommy lion and daddy lion, snuggling.


Layla w/ cheese popcorn on her face, standing in front of the lion. Not sure what they were looking at.



I think Layla was pointing out zebras in this one (her favorite).


Taking a snack break next to the pond. We also threw a few snacks in for the ducks.

My little flower child.



More snacks! I think was right after she asked to take a quick rest. :)


Shark tank!

Here, you can see Layla's zoo checklist - an awesome checklist with pictures and facts about the animals that my coworker made for her to take on our trip!





















1 comment:

Beth Zirbel said...

Love the pictures, thanks for sharing. Layla is such a little girl now-growing up so fast!