Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Life moves pretty fast...

"... If you don't slow down, you could miss it". What movie people? What movie? You best be getting that one right!

February 16th, already!? It was over two weeks ago that I posted last? Shit... let me wrap it up in a nice pretty little package for you: Over the past few weeks, Jake and I have discussed, in-depth, the pros and cons of me doing radiation treatment. And, after discussions with each other, and the doctors at Froedert, we're still torn on what to do. The decision has been put into our hands, and although we're told that no answer is the wrong answer, we're just not comfortable rolling the dice without more guidance. So, we've contacted Mayo Clinic in Rochester and are in the process of having my medical records, scans, test results, etc., transferred there. I should hear from their scheduling department within a week or so to schedule our appointment. I've increased my schedule at work and am back full time now. Today is day three of being full time, and I'm pooped. The decision to go back full time was mine and no one else's. I felt like I was ready and considering we are sort of in a "holding" pattern regarding treatment, I figured I may as well just hit the pavement. If my body tells me I'm not ready, I'll listen. If we decide to do treatment, I'll scale back (if I need to).

On a different note, I've been thinking a lot lately about my little love bug, Layla, and how much she's growing. She's our little toe head. Our comedian. Our energizer bunny. She has consistently managed to turn a house of stress and worry into a house of laughter and happiness. And I've realized only recently that the journey we've been on has sort of taken over our family. In some ways, it had to. In other ways, it just did, without us knowing. And now my mission is to take over again, and make this family about memories. I am going to be focusing more on regular updates on Layla, her latest and greatest, pictures of her beautiful face and keeping track of milestones for her. As sad as it is, I'm just NOW, after 3+ years of being a mommy, organizing all of her photos and creating photo books online (in the olden days, these were called photo albums; people actually paid to have pictures printed out from this thing called film and they would take the pictures and put them into these clear, see-through, pages inside a book called a photo album). Don't get ahead of yourselves... I'm not going there. I'm ordering photo books off of Shutterfly after I organize everything. But even going the 'new school' route is proving to be daunting. Shit, I should've started this years ago. Better late than never though, right?

Off to beddie bye for the night. Here's to all you hard working, devoted, selfless educators out there. May karma do its work for you and may Scott Walker eat a fat one - flipping idiot box.

3 comments:

Lisa Kuderer said...

If it makes you feel any better, I am YEARS behind. My little girl GRADUATES from high school in June this year. Her and I are going on a scrapbook weekend together this weekend. I have been organizing pics for the past 2 weeks and supplies. Time flies by so fast! I have been emotional all day organizing these pics. Your family is beautiful and I look forward to all the pics of Layla. I remember her as a little bug. :) Take care and enjoy the memories with all your pictures!

April said...

Thanks Lisa! You're right, this time flies by waaay too fast. I can hardly remember when Layla was our little pudgy baby, and that was only a few years ago. Now she's a little girl, with her own opinions and preferences on hair styles, clothes, t.v. shows and everything else that comes in between!
Enjoy your time w/ your "little one" and have a great time scrapping!

Nan said...

i order mine from walmart.com - i've done shutterfly too, i think walmart was cheaper and just as nice. i just ordered the kids 2010 books. it's a task to stay on top of them but i do... so i don't have to try and dig back. the nice thing is - we have our blogs to help us when we get behind. :)