Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Layla

I'm just titling this post "Layla" because I want it to be all about her. I'm so proud of her and how she has handled all the recent chaos in our lives with showing the house and with so many trips to Plymouth to see the new house, meet with the bank, etc. We've been doing our best to keep things as normal as possible around here, with "fun time" at night after school and all that jazz, but weekends have been slightly busy with constant cleaning and staging. And it has to be odd to a 4 year old to constantly be marching strange, unfamiliar families through your house, from top to bottom. Although, I think Layla kind of likes doing that and is very proud when we get to her room and her play room. She even made a friend during one of the showings recently, with the daughter of the family we chose to be our tenants.

Yes, our tenants. We've found a wonderful, kind, honest family to rent from us and have finalized everything as of Sunday. If all goes as planned with closing on the new house, we'll likely move mid-late May and the neighbors we've known for 7 years in Hartford will have a new family to get to know and love (and smother with questions, cookies, and inquisitions). ;)

Below are just a few random pictures from the last month or so of "fun time" with Layla. Since we're pinching pennies these days in anticipation of closing costs for the refinance, moving expenses, items we'll need for the new house, new baby, you name it, most of our "fun time" is spent doing things that are free. But, still fun. Over Jake's spring break, we plan to hit up Blue Harbor resort for some water park fun - Layla is very excited. Mom is too, although I'll be dodging the camera at all costs. No one needs to see this in a maternity suit, that's for sure.

Oh, and before you start looking at the pictures, I thought I'd also share a few of Layla's recent "funnies":

L: "Mom, I feel crushed like a paper ball."
M: "I'm sorry to hear that honey." (Because she says it all the time lately.)
L: "Mom! When I say that you're supposed to tell me to come get some snuggles!"

Last night, when dad called to give his ETA, Layla asked if she could talk to him. Here's how it went:

L:What's up dad? I heard you want to wrestle me when you get home."
D: "Oh yeah? I'd be up for that."
L: "Yep. Right away. Don't even stop to go potty before you come to the living room to wrestle."

When putting Layla to bed last night, I told her to do her best with sleeping all night and that mommy was pooped so if she needed anything, she should ask daddy.

L: "But mommy, do you know why I always wake you up and not daddy?"
M: "Why?"
L: "Because you work from home three days a week and you always rub my back."

 My future accountant ... Working hard and creating receipts for me.

 Last week at dance class. She had just woken up from a nap and was NOT happy about being in class. She didn't really participate until the last 15 min of class.

 Adorable morning picture... She had just woken up and wanted to send daddy a "Happy Birthday" text message and picture.

 Dress rehearsal for dance. Fancy!!

 I just love this pose. She was feeling very fancy and was very excited to have daddy at rehearsal!

 When are we going to start??? (She has a tattoo on her face from a recent Valentine's Day party, btw.)

 Pooped after helping daddy shovel the deck.

 Suuuper pooped.

 Happy Valentine's Day!!

 Picture of my three babies, left to right - Layla, baby Sherman #2, and Hudson. :)

Making Valentine's Day cupcakes!!

Next up for the Sherman's: Finish home refinance, close on new house, start packing, baby arrival prep, belly pics, spring break. Whew.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad things continue to fall into place! Let's have another playdate soon....Teagan would love to play "Morrisons' Rule" again with Layla sometime;)And I'll mark my calendar for mid-late May to be your personal nanny while you pack/move:)

April said...

Dude, Layla needs to learn how to follow Teagan's lead in every game they play together. That 'lil nugget can WIN! She gives a whole new meaning to the term, "Winning!"

Nan said...

yes! belly pics!!! bring them on!

Anonymous said...

夏天桃園一夜情在暴雨中獨行。起風了中壢援交梧桐的新葉隨風的桃園援交友網站節奏,慢慢中壢援交付現金飛舞,直到中壢叫小姐把灰色的土地鋪成桃園茶訊綠色。最好的桃園援交妹是你們同坐在門中壢援助妹廊上、一同散步,中壢砲友不需要任何言語,桃園魚訊然後各自走開,桃園外出但是感覺卻象剛剛中壢茶訊進行了一次最好的桃園全套店交談。最難忘的中壢找小姐是你的微笑,當桃園叫小姐綻開在你的臉上時,中壢外送茶仿佛感到拂過一陣春風,桃園砲友暖融融的,中壢全套店把我的心都新竹一夜情溶化了。台南援交妹幾行知心情話,台南一夜情溫暖了多少孤寂心靈﹔一方台南叫小姐小小情書,成就了多少美好姻緣。