Thursday, September 13, 2012

Yep, we're still kickin'!

Yeah, yeah. I know. I haven't posted since February. That was seven months ago. My second daughter wasn't even born yet at that time. We were in the midst of a negotiations battle on what is now our new home and I was one very preggo, very crabby mommy.

And here we are today. Mid-September. With two daughters - one five year old and one five month old. Miss Maya joined us ten days early on April 16, 2012, weighing in at a healthy 8.2lbs and measuring 21 inches long. Oh dear Maya, I owe you a lot of the spotlight space on this blog. I will catch up, I promise.

I'm terrible at this blog thing. And with actually doing something w/the hundreds of pictures that I take. I'm also what I like to refer to as a "technology destroyer" - any time I even attempt to put my photos to use on the blog, good old "Bragbook" as Jake refers to it, or even Shutterfly, I'm come dangerously close to causing an all out nuclear melt down. I'm sure most of that can be attributed to my lack of tech skills, but also to my short temper. If something doesn't work within 3-5 seconds on my computer, I am DONE.

I'm going to try to turn over a new leaf. No promises (except the one above I just made to my baby girl). Just my best effort. :)

What are your thoughts on putting this blog out there for all to see vs. password protecting or only adding users that I want to be able to view? Do you think that putting your kids pictures out there for potentially anyone and everyone to see is dangerous? Could I be putting myself at risk of losing my job if I bitch about it in this space (the way Dooce lost hers)? I want to be able to say whatever the hell it is I'm thinking in this space. That's one of my passions about writing. And I think I shied away from blogging for a while after I had brain surgery because I knew that my audience had doubled, maybe even tripled, because people wanted to be kept up to speed on my recovery. Knowing that so many have our blog site saved, I wonder if I need to put this sucker on lock down so only friends and family can see. I know that sometimes that makes it a bit more difficult for you all to access, but I'll do my best (by calling my bestie Theresa for tech time) to be sure it's as streamlined and simple as possible for all to access, while still keeping my job in place and preventing any potential danger for my girls.

Do discuss.

7 comments:

Ben Smith said...

I say keep the blog open to all. Obviously you don't want to bitch about specific people at work. I wouldn't worry about posting pics of your kids. The way I look at is that I only post pictures of Henry that I wouldn't mind the whole world seeing.

I assume everything I post will be seen by everyone in the world, but I also know that about 6 people will see whatever I post.

Public is definitely the way to go, just feel good that there is security through obscurity...

K-Money said...

I'll stalk you either way;)

The Sherman's said...

I think my concern is that some crazy pedophile or kidnapper will start following my blog, learn my kid's likes / dislikes, names, nicknames, etc., and try to come and take them. Paranoid, maybe?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, very paranoid. But since we know you're crazy and paranoid just put a password on it so you don't lose sleep over it. There done.

April said...

Um, anonymouse, do reveal yourself. I have a feeling you're Tee, but can't be sure. :)

April said...

*Anonymous. Cripes.

April said...

Um, anonymouse, do reveal yourself. I have a feeling you're Tee, but can't be sure. :)