Saturday, December 1, 2007

Would you watch our reality t.v. show?

I told Theresa yesterday that Jake and I have decided to start playing the lottery as our instant "get rich quick" scheme. Becoming a parent is like being bitch slapped into the reality of financial hardship and Jake and I are budgeting like crazy... when I say budgeting, I don't mean saving either. I mean STRUGGLING TO MAKE IT. I'm the "strict" one in the house when it comes to the finances and am monitoring everything that comes in and goes out like a hawk. Poor Jake. So yesterday as the morning news was talking about some random $100 million dollar power ball winner in some ho dunk town, I thought "Seriously, look at the people who play the lottery. It's all the people that are basically up against a wall wishing in one and and you know whating in the other." So why aren't we playing!? When I told Theresa this her recommendation was for us to have our own reality t.v. show that we could make money off of just for letting a camera crew chase us around. Jake, Layla, Hudson and I. I guess I'd watch the show... dog who eats rat poison, locks the family out of the truck only to have the local police rally to save the day, stay at home army dad, working mom who's trying to figure out how to speak to adults again after talking baby for 3 months strait, broke down vehicles, unexpected bills, over the top spastic mom who most likely has a combination of A.D.D., O.C.D., post partum (how do you spell that), anxiety and just plain control issues (all combined with humor of course) and a hilarious baby that just keeps getting fatter.


What would we call it?? "The Shermans go crazy"???

Or, I could just start signing up for every game show and HGTV reality show out there in hopes we win a million on "Deal or No Deal" or win a complete home makeover or clean sweep from one of the thousands of t.v. shows there are out there that somehow find these families that wish they could redecorate their home but only have $21 left of their biweekly allowance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously dude, I'm right there with you. Only I'm in the RED like no tomorrow. However, having our babies is totally worth every cent in the red. Wouldn't change it for the world. In fact, I'm really hoping my manager goes for my Part-Time Proposal for my job. I can't stand to leave my kids for so long each day.

Call me soon!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's time for the "North of 64" hunt team to go public...Reality show, book, variety show, bake sale, etc...It wouldn't matter, people would pay money to latch on to half the stuff we've "experienced"

Shermdazzle

Anonymous said...

No, I wouldn't watch it.

The Sherman's said...

Your mom would.