Friday, November 30, 2007

Super Lock Out Dog

Well, Mr. Mom, Huddie duds and Layla went on a little adventure this morning to the Hartford Kwik Trip... Dad needed to get gas and Layla Bean was fussy so she told dad to take her for a drive so she could relax and get some sleep. So, dad thought it'd be a good idea to head to the other end of town and give Layla what she wanted. They got their gas and paid ... Dad got bean all strapped in and cozy, closed the door and what do you think happened next? Hudson got over excited about dad coming back in the truck (imagine that) and started jumping around... then he hit the lock button and locked himself and bean in the truck and dad OUT. So, Jake just had to call the police, tell them he had a dog and baby locked in his truck and they came right over. Good 'ol Hartford police. Good thing the crime rate in our town is pretty low. They had nothing else to do so jetted right over. I think it took them 5 minutes to get there and about 30 seconds to get the truck open. What I'm not sure about is whether the cops rolled in at full speed with their sirens blaring and lights flashing...wouldn't that be a sight???

Hudson. Old Iron Guts. Super lock out dog. Never a dull moment in the Sherman family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I know it makes a huge difference if there's someone in the car like kids and animals. I locked myself out of my house and car in Tosa once and the cops woudln't even come. They gave me the number for a lock smith. Two hours of sitting on my front porch (good thing the weather was nice!) and a couple bathroom trips to McDonald's later and we got in the car... fyi my purse was in the car so I had no money either. Luckily my cell phone was in my pocket - usually also in my purse though. Now I'm super conscience of where I lay my keys.

The Sherman's said...

I know!!! I locked myself (and Hudson) out of the car at the dog park when Jake was still deployed. I was super close to Menomonee Falls but technically in Milwaukee and the cops wouldn't help me. A cop even DROVE THROUGH the lot where I was, I flagged him down, told him what was up and he wouldn't help me! Jerk! I'm sure it helped Jake's case that the bean and duds were in the truck, but I also know it doesn't hurt that we live in a small town and Jake's a local hero there. The cop probably asked for his autograph too. ;)