Thursday, January 10, 2008

Carrying a Microwave



Yeah, I said it. Layla is now so huge that I've decided I can't carry her in her car seat anymore. It's honestly like carrying a microwave everywhere you go. I'm very close to dropping her in it or falling down. Two things I just don't want to do. So at daycare drop off today I made the decision. Layla will be pulled out of her seat and carried in from now on. No more carrying that microwave we call Layla in a car seat.

Here's a pic of her in her bumbo seat. It's supposed to be for babies starting at age 5 months or so. As long as they can hold their head up, they can sit in the seat. My question: why don't they make a "fat baby" size? Layla is way too fat for her seat. Check out the look on her face. Her thighs are so big I had to pry the leg holes open to get her little chubbins in there and then when she'd had enough (she couldn't breath) she started yelling at me to get her out. I had to use one hand to pry the seat off her because she was stuck.

I guess the positive is that she's like carrying a 20 lb weight everywhere I go. If I can't get my butt into the weight room, I'll just do some curls with her as my dumbbell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of a baby not fitting in a bumbo...that's hilarious!! I can't wait to see her Saturday:)