Monday, January 7, 2008

First Day at Daycare

Today's the day. Layla's first day at daycare. I've been dreading this like I dreaded Jake's deployment (I know, insane for me to even try to compare the two events, but this is a hard thing to get through!). I was quite the crabby mama this weekend knowing that come Monday I'd have to take our little peanut to a new place to be taken care of. Thankfully, my time was spent priming our bathroom ... two coats of primer and it's ready for paint. Thanks to mom for your help with cutting!

The painting kept me from having a mental breakdown about bean going to daycare. But I wasn't able to get through the weekend w/out snapping for no good reason. I snapped on Jake last night... something about groceries I think. Made no sense what-so-ever. Sorry babe.

This a.m. went as smoothly as I had hoped... Jake and I worked well this a.m. getting everything together. You should have seen it! It was like we coreographed the a.m. or something. Bottles ready, diaper bag ready, Bean dressed, Hudson fed, house clean, lights off, doors closed, Hudson has his treats, lock the doors and we're off! Jake came with me to do the drop off. I managed to get in and out w/out crying! Can you believe it!? Thankfully, Layla's daycare has a ceiling fan in her room. She loves it and was very intrigued. I stayed for about 10-15 min w/her and then handed her off. Ran out to my car and drove away. That's when I cried. But I managed to shake it off so that I could focus on the drive.

How many times do you think I'll call daycare today to check in? Place your bets now!

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how many times did you cry yesterday? I know when I dropped of Riley I bawled all the way to work and then multiple times during the day. I even called a few times to check on her!

The Sherman's said...

only once in the car when i left for a very short time. then made myself shake it off cuz if i let myself get really worked up i can't stop. plus, i was driving and that probably wouldn't have went well if i was sobbing and driving in bad fog. ;)