Tuesday, December 9, 2008

If you can't say anything interesting...

...don't say anything at all! Okay, so I think the real quote is, "If you can't say anything NICE..." but you catch my drift. I'm trying to excuse myself for being such a bad December blogger. I haven't posted an update since Dec 1st and haven't taken any pictures of Layla since before then, I don't think. Bad blogger mama!!! Things have been a bit crazy (nothing out of the ordinary, just work, life, lack of sleep type stuff) so I haven't motivated myself enough to chase the little one around with a camera lately. But, I promise, tonight I will.

My very own Clark W. Griswold (a.k.a. Jake) got all of our Christmas lights up this weekend (yes, in the cold windy storm we had) and went out and got our family Christmas tree (Layla and I didn't go because I had already run all over town with her that a.m. and she had had enough of the wind in her baby blues). Jake takes the Christmas tree thing VERY seriously, so has not allowed us to decorate it yet since the branches haven't fallen into the "perfect position" yet. Tonight, we'll decorate the tree and then follow our annual Christmas tradition by watching "Christmas Vacation". We LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie and can pretty much recite it word for word. Props to Jake's family as well (parents included), as they can quote most of the movie as well. So, I promise to take pics of the tree, and our little beepa trying to rip all the twinkly lights off of it. ;)

This weekend was a big shopping weekend for me. Ruh roh. I picked up Jake's gift from Santa (a muzzle loader, yes, I bought a gun and there is one long hilarious story that goes along with this that I will save for an upcoming post) and got all of Layla's gifts from Santa as well. I also coordinated one of my coworker's surprise baby showers that we held for her yesterday and was responsible for buying and wrapping all of the gifts. So with the gifts I bought for Layla and all the gifts I bought for my coworker, I pretty much bought out Babies R Us and made a total scene. It was a sight, that's for sure.

Today, as all of you are reading this in the Southeastern WI area well know, we are completely buried in snow. Jake has yet ANOTHER snow day (jack ass) and the snow is continuing to fall. In Hartford we got over a foot of snow already. This isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow sometime, so the commute home tonight should be awesome. Good thing I have a GIANT family bus of a vehicle. The thing is magic in the snow, I tell ya.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Enjoy the snow! Please no hate mail or blog posts about the lack in pics. They're comin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job of calling out Jake for his snow days..."jackass," she says.

That makes me want to throw things at bigger things. I can't be around others right now. They must pay.

Glen

The Sherman's said...

Dude. You are hilarious.

Deanna said...

I love this post!