Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, a few days late!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, a few days late... Sorry for the lack in posts and pics. We traveled to the North Woods for the holiday and Jake spent some time in the woods while Layla, Grandpa and Grandma Sherman and I hung out and played with everything under the sun in the Sherman house (thanks again to Grandma and Grandpa for letting us completely take over your home and destroy it)!

Lots to be thankful for this year... especially the fact that Jake is home with us to stay, no longer has to go away every month for Guard drill and we no longer have to worry about a possible 2nd deployment. Whew. Also, of course, we're thankful for this being our second Thanksgiving with our gorgeous baby girl. Layla keeps us busy every second of every day, that's for sure, and seems to learn something new all the time. She definitely understands every single word that comes out of our mouth, which is hilarious, and she's stubborn as they come when it comes to nap time and bed time (thanks a lot, Uncle Jeremy... we hear she inherited her sleep habits from you)!

I should've been spending time over the weekend snapping pics for the blog, but completely neglected my camera, and the computer. I think I simply needed a break from technology. After we returned home from the North Woods Jake and I laid low for the weekend, played our hearts out with Layla, and I cleaned the ever loving CRAP out of our house. I even got on my hands and knees and scrubbed all the floors (which I've done before but this time I had just changed all the light bulbs in the bathroom and it was in my face how badly we need to replace that disgusting floor). I couldn't believe how much flippin laundry we had either. I started laundry on Saturday, did it all day Sunday and we still have 1 or 2 loads left. How does that happen? Please someone tell me.

Today, Jake has a snow day (no fair). So, I tried to shoot from the hip with an impromptu "honey do" list but couldn't come up with anything better than "finish the laundry", "scrub the tub" (that's the one thing I didn't get to yesterday) and "schedule the basement construction" (the last thing to complete is the bathroom and a few doors and Jake says he's got a "team" constructed to help with this at the end of the month). I just have to do a little nudging to help him PLAN, as "PLANNING AHEAD" doesn't really exist in his vocabulary.

So that's the latest and greatest with the Sherman fam. I'll get back on the picture train soon and will post some snaps asap!

No comments: