Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear Grandpa Ice ... My sled







Dear Grandpa Ice,

It's me, Layla Bean. Here are the pictures that mummy and daddy have been hording to themselves for the past few months. I would blame them for being too busy to post these pictures themselves, but frankly, I've been pretty busy too. We'll get into those details later.

Look how much fun I had on my very first sledding excursion with the bestest sled in the world, just for me from my Grandpa Ice! Grandpa, I love my sled! At first, I was a little nervous, wondering why mummy thought it was okay to just set me in some strange contraption on the snow and start pulling me around. But then I realized how much fun it was and whenever mummy or daddy would stop pulling me, I'd just yell, "Noooo!!! Noooo!!" and they would laugh and keep going. I'm not sure what's so funny about that... sledding is serious business.

Next, mum and dad took me down the "big" hill behind our house. It was SCARY, but fun. I tried to be brave and act like I wasn't scared the first time I did the hill, but Grandpa, I was scared. Once I took the first hill ride though, I couldn't get enough!! It was so much fun and mummy and daddy must have been having fun too. They just kept laughing and pulling me back up to the top of the hill, then pushing me down again.

The best part, is that I tried out your new sled on Valentine's Day, which is also you and G'ma D's Anniversary! Oh, how sweet! Thank you again, and I can't wait for it to snow again (mum said I shouldn't say that for another 9 months, but whatever).

As far as me being busy, well, let me tell you... running, running, running. That's what I do. I run. In circles, straight lines, whatever. I've been doing lots of exploring and singing and I think I've found my passion - acting. Maybe dramatic comedies will be my thing... I seem to have both down pat. I'll do anything to get a laugh out of people, and of course, because I'm a beautiful little girl, I need to keep the drama coming. My fake crying is really getting good. Same with my evil frowns and sad faces. Can't wait to show you!!!

Love,
Layla

8 comments:

Tee said...

Awesome post Layla!! I love it! Hi Grandpa Ice and Grandma D from the Meyer's.

Anonymous said...

Thats some impressive writing Layla! I had no idea you had such journalistic skills. It was very nice to see you last weekend!

love gobbz

Katie Stensberg said...

pushing? looks like jake is kickin layla down the hill :)

The Sherman's said...

you're right KT, it does look like he's kicking her down the hill doesn't it? mean daddy!
yep, gobbz, i taught bean how to write last weekend.

The Schultz's said...

PRECIOUS!!! I LOVE Layla's facial expressions in the pictures. Too flippin' cute!

Anonymous said...

Sure do love that little, bobsleder,
author, marathoner, oh,and great
goggles.
That's a nudge, not a kick,give Dad a break.
Hi,Meyer's.
ICE/HD

Kelly, Matt, Teagan and Sutter said...

POST MORE...I know you have more pics because I saw them on your camera!

Katie Stensberg said...

of course i know he isn't kickin her down the hill:) that sled is killer.