Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fried

I'm officially fried. Left work early yesterday feeling sick... came home, tossed my cookies, slept for the entire day and am at home feeling like someone beat me with a mallet last night.

Unfortunately, we haven't recovered our lost camera that Miss Layla Bean decided to hide from us weeks ago. I have a feeling that her hiding place was the garbage. So, I guess this is a great excuse to get a new one, right??

We have some stellar pics of Layla's first sledding excursion, but they're on Jake's computer which he has with him at school today. I'll try to get something posted by the end of the week for ya'll... don't hold your breath though. Things have been over the top on my end and I'm about 23 steps away from the looney bin if you ask me. I'm overworked and stressed to the max. But to type about it exhausts me and it's not worth thinking about when I'm trying to provide a simple update on the fam.

Layla's doing great... had us up about 4 times throughout the night last night which was awesome. Growth spurt? Teething? Ears? We don't know. Each time one of us would get up with her, all she wanted to do was play. Sweet.

New words she's saying: "Cookie" (she refers to Hudson's treats as cookies), "Oh boy" (I know, that's a phrase, but whatever), "Happy Birthday"... she really tried hard at this one and actually uttered it over the phone on Sunday for my mom!! It's hard to get her to do it again though.

Her hair is so long that I can get it all up in a cute pony tail, and her favorite thing to do these days is run around naked, then pee on the floor. The other night, I was getting her bath ready for her and she was running around the house. I told her to take her clothes off as it was bath time and realized I didn't hear the "pitter patter" of Bean's feet, or her chatter. I went to the bathroom and found her in the tub, with all her clothes on. So, now she's tall enough to get in the tub herself I guess.

More to come... I promise. Anyone know of a company that gives free cameras away to parents who's children hide their old ones? ;)

2 comments:

The Schultz's said...

Ahhh... First off, I hope you feel better!! That damn flu bug has been running rampid the past few weeks. GET PLENTY OF REST!!

Secondly, thanks for the update on Layla. It made me giggle and made me realize how much fun I have to look forward to yet with Mason growing :)

Try to rest and not let life get the better of you. We still have to plan our BNOTT!

Tee said...

LOL! Logan's done the same thing, peed on the floor before! He loves being naked too! I'm waiting for the day that he can get into the tub by himself. It's so funny to watch him try to climb into the tub when I'm filling it. His little legs just can't reach the top yet. Won't be long I'm sure!

Get some rest hon and try to relax, things will start to slow down soon I hope... :-) Miss ya!