Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mommy and Layla Day






I'm quite sure that today I was the only one on the planet that did not have plans for the day. Jake went fishing with a neighbor and Layla and I desperately needed something to do. So, I decided to make the trek south and take her to the Betty Brinn Children's Museum. Well worth the trip. Layla LOVED it. There are so many things to do there that are right up her alley - play in a full blown "kiddie kitchen" (which is what she's doing in the pics above), grocery shop, play in a ranger station, watch puppet shows, art time, and of course steps. No, steps aren't part of the attractions at the museum, they're just necessary to get IN to the museum. But, turns out Layla thinks stairs are about as fun as puppies and markers!

After the museum, we went outside to walk around by the art museum downtown, see the awesome water display, people watch, etc. She loved it. She's such a ham and just trotted around in front of me with her little sun hat on. You could tell she was thinking, "Hey everyone! My name is Layla! I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm a pretty big deal!" It was a great time and so much fun for me to just follow her around and watch her discover things and be so excited about just being little and free in the world.

This morning, our "cool down" song at my workout class was, "In my daughter's eyes" by Martina McBride. I must be PMSing or something because there I was, sweating my face off, looking like a tomato from my workout and I was tearing up!! The song totally reminds me of my little Layla and I'll always think of this day with her when I hear it. Here's one of my favorite snipits from the song... "In my daughter's eyes I am a hero. I am strong and wise and I know no fear. But the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me. I see who I wanna be, In my daughter's eyes."

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!! Thank you to the BRAVE who have sacrificed so much for our FREEDOM.





3 comments:

The Schultz's said...

I can see the world through her eyes too, after watching this. I am soo glad you guys had such a great day!

The Sherman's said...

awe! thanks jaimie!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot...You have me crying now!! Our little girls are very special!

Cole