Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm back!

Alright Layla girl... here's a quick update for you and your followers. The first few pics are just some snaps of you from last week... your visit to Santa, you modeling your new Christmas dress for your Great Uncle Joel and Great Aunt Tammy's Christmas party next weekend, and you just hanging out.

These past few weeks with you have been hilarious. You're learning about a billion things a day and every day you talk more. You had me laughing so hard I was crying last night because you were making your silly faces and then laughing at yourself. You reminded me so much of me!! Daddy's going to love the fact that you think you're so funny... just like I think I'm funny!!

I hear Santa has a lot of your wishes crossed off his list. Once again, this year you will be a very spoiled little girl. But, I think you deserve it. It's your sibling that will be added to the family in years to come that will probably suffer and get far less than you did!

And, to those of you who are as fully aware that our camera sucks as we are, my mom got us a new camera for Christmas so come the end of the month, the Sherman pics will no longer look like a glob of snot was covering our lens when we took the picture. Hats off to Olympus though. This camera made it through a deployment in Kuwait and some serious slams on the ground and floor since then.

Bean modeling her 2009 Christmas dress. She's pretty pumped about it, especially because it's not scratchy.

Chillin with her best bud.

Bundled up to go play in the snow with Daddy.

Showing me the Nemo fish Santa gave her at the annual Rau Xmas party. Daddy went to get her fish from Santa while we hid from him. Then she made me take her downstairs away from Santa to play with it.

And, earlier in the day, this is the death grip Layla had on me when we went to lunch with Santa. It was no wonder she wanted nothing to do with him later that night at Rau's party!

This was last night. Layla and I made cupcakes while daddy was away hunting. She loved sitting on the island and stirring the batter, but wouldn't taste it!!
Not sure what was going on in her head here. She was just really into stirring.

Ahhhhh!!! Chocolate!

I love frosting!


Ta da!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Tee said...

Yeah! So excited to see pics! Did you cut her hair? It looks really short in the front? I love the Christmas dress! It's a good thing I have two boys though...I didn't even know you were suppose to buy Christmas dresses...am I suppose to buy Christmas sweaters for the boys?

The Sherman's said...

Yes. I cut her bangs. They were super long and out of control. Her hair is too thin to stay tied back in a pony and the poor thing doesn't understand the concept of brushing her hair out of her eyes. So, I grabbed a scissors and cut. You like my work? ;)

Tee said...

Yes she looks adorable! Nice work! :-)

Anonymous said...

That girl sure can decorate!!!
Julia Child, look out!!!
ICE

Anonymous said...

Layla,
You are absolutely beautiful in your Christmas dress!
You will wow everyone at the party.
Gamma D.

The Sherman's said...

Awe. Thx Grandpa Ice and Gma D!!