Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sherman Family Christmas Tree Hunt

A couple weeks ago, Jake, Layla, Hudson and I took a trip to a sweet Christmas tree farm across from Pike Lake. It was super cool -- "sleigh rides" (well, a big tractor trailer being pulled behind a giant tractor), hot cocoa, dogs could come, and even Santa was there!! We rode out to the tree farm and hiked through the woods to find the perfect tree. Layla and I ended up making the final decision on the tree (it's huge). I'll post pics of it once I have my new camera. We all know how great the pics will be w/ our existing camera.

This year started a new tradition for us. It was so much fun to go out with the whole fam and pick our own tree and celebrate the coming holiday. I think Hudson was SUPER pumped to have been included... Although, he was slightly wigged when the trailer we were in started moving. It took him a while, but eventually, he chilled out and just rode with us.

Whoah. Hey... what the?? Jesus, is this thing supposed to be moving? Everyone! Get low!

Layla, Hudson (see him there, right in front of Jake?), and daddy dragging our prize tree out of the woods.
Check this sucker out.
Whoo hooo!! Tractor trailer rides are fun!
Mommy and Layla. Merry Christmas to all!!!





This video cracks me up. Layla is daddy's little helper. He yells for Hudson, Layla yells for Hudson. He says "good boy", Layla says "good boy". Precious.

8 comments:

ol'huntin'dog said...

Do you think that Layla can say " Looks like its'got a lot of sap Clark"
Traditions are what she'll remember.
Great pics. See you soon. Gamma D' is
ready to come down the chimney!

ol'huntin'dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ol'huntin'dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ol'huntin'dog said...

Ice was on the computer! Got three the same???????$#%&*@!

Tee said...

Holy crap...I almost shat my pants when I clicked on your blog and saw an update within two weeks of the last one...Way to go Apes! ;-) Layla is so stinkin' cute I just want to squeeze her! And Geeze Jake was there a competition to see who could get their tree back to the car the fastest...wow speed racer! :-)

The Schultz's said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Kelly, Matt, Teagan and Sutter said...

Ha ha Theresa I was thinking the same thing...poor Layla's little legs aren't long enough to keep up! Great pics April!

The Schultz's said...

Okay... I just re-read this and started laughing soo hard again at the picture of Hudson on the moving wagon. Your commentary for his thoughts is hysterical!!