Monday, November 5, 2007

Layla's First Shots :(


Today Layla had her 2 month doctor appointment. She got a clean bill of health from our doctor, which is great news. She now weighs 13.5 lbs and is 24 inches long. She's measuring in the 90th percentile for height and weight and 55th percentile for head measurements (which is surprising considering how huge her mom and dad's domes are). She also got three shots. Mom sure was nervous but I didn't cry. Layla screamed and cried until I had her dressed and in her car seat, which is where she feels most comfortable. Now, she's sleeping like an angel. So, we made it thru the first shots appointment with flying colors. Whew! Next time though, daddy has to take her. I don't always want to be the one to see my baby girl get poked with needles! Boo!!

P.S. NO, she's not ALWAYS in her car seat. It just seems that way because I have a lot of pics of her in it. That's just when I seem to remember to grab the camera.

P.S.S. I go back to work one week from today, at which point Jake puts on his Mr. Mom shoes. So, be sure you're all staying on him to keep up with the blog! That's part of the Mr. Mom duties, I just don't think he knows that yet (in fact, I think he's in for a huge surprise...hehehe). Really though, he's going to be GREAT. He's an AWESOME dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's so adorable! i can't wait to meet her in person. i'm sure she's a card, just like her mama.

thankfully, koen still has another month until his shots - although i'm already dreading them!