Friday, May 30, 2008

From Princess to Diva

Sorry... forgot to bring the camera to work today. I'd hoped to spend some time this a.m. uploading videos but I guess I'll have to do that tomorrow. My bad! ;)

Well, we made it. It's Friday. Layla is on the "up and up" and mom and dad are still alive (barely). This month in general has been a rough one. What am I talking about?? This YEAR has been a rough one. We're pooped. Jake and I aren't what I'd call "low key" or "relaxed" people. We're always on the go, always adding something to the to-do list, always triple tasking. Add a princess baby to the mix along w/a dog who thinks he's a human on cocaine and you've got one hell of a household.


You know how people always follow up their gripes about life with, "Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change things for the world,"? I'm not going to say that. I would. I'd make the days longer so that I could get more sleep. I'd make it a requirement / law that no one has to work more than 20 hours a week while still being paid for full time work and receiving benis. I'd have a personal shopper, nanny, nutritionist and trainer. I'd have a bigger house with vaulted ceilings and a huge ass yard. Oh, and money coming out of my ass.

What I wouldn't change though is the fact that we have a beautiful baby girl, who on her good days is perfectly healthy and on her bad days has a simple cold or flu virus (okay, so we could do w/fewer viruses but such is life). Jake and I have our struggles with wishing we had more of each other's time, but we're working to get thru this busy demanding time in our lives so we can make the most of family time before our little princess turns into a sassy diva who hates us both, steals our cars and money and breaks curfews and laws. Oh Lord help us.





Tata for now. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benis?? Typo? Oh...receiving penis!

The Sherman's said...

Nice Gobbz. Hi, yeah, family site here ding dong.

Anonymous said...

that was NOT me. I know you meant benefits.

The Sherman's said...

hmmm... must be the other "anonymouse" poster... kelly.