Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer Time...





And the livin' is easy. ;) Last night was spent out on our deck w/the entire neighborhood, drinking wine after a long hard week. We were surrounded by about 23 kids who we managed to entertain by shoving scooby doo push ups in their face and giving all the dogs pig ears here and there. Before I knew it, it was almost 11:00, the wine was gone and damn near everyone on the deck was drunk. Whoops. Good thing I was home alone with Layla last night. Thankfully, she slept thru the night... However, she woke up for the day at 4:30. OUCH. Mama had one BEAR of a headache, that's for sure. Thankfully my sister sent a helpful hint my way to cure a wine headache: Benedryl. And 4 advil. Hells yeah. That's where it's at.

Today, Layla and I did a whole lot of nothin' (due to hangover). We hung out on the deck with neighbor Lori, who planted our flower box for us (as she does every year, bless her heart) and watched neighbors Paul and Ryan mow the lawn (see pics). Ryan loves to help his dad mow! Oh, and Rocky's been hanging out at our place ever since Jake and Hudson left last night. He's been napping on the deck and in the house and is just distraught because he can't find Hudson. Don't worry Rock, he'll be home tonight.

Dad's on his way home from the grid iron, thank God. I am pooped and Layla took ONE VERY SHORT nap this entire day. I just got her down but I don't think a stick of dynamite would wake me up tonight so dad's "on call" if Bean wakes up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did the benadryl & advil work???

The Sherman's said...

Yeah it did. That's why I said, "That's where it's at!" ;) It totally worked... knocked the headache right out. It was awesome. I've never gotten anything to work for a wine headache before. My sis says Zyrtec works even better but I didn't have any.