Monday, May 26, 2008

Life Moves Pretty Fast...






Whoa... seriously? It's already Memorial Day?? The last time I posted was 5/12? Life's been pretty jam packed lately, that's for sure. I can't tell you exactly what's been jamming our lives to the brim, just the usual I guess. It's just crazy that it's already the end of May.

This weekend we had Brian, Theresa and baby Logan visit. It was great to finally meet Logan, and I think Layla may have her first crush! ;) We went to the zoo and just hung out. The weather didn't start to cooperate until today, and the Meyers had to leave early this a.m. so there wasn't too much to do besides catch up.

The dads worked in the basement (thanks BMeyer for helping w/the doors!) and the moms were on baby duty and drank two bottles of wine, and a variety of beers -- don't worry, we spread them out over the weekend. We didn't go balls to the wall with the babies in our care or anything.

Unfortunately, Layla came down with a fever yesterday afternoon. Threw up all over herself in her crib and proceeded to throw up all over me at least 8 times. I'm still doing laundry. She's not doing so hot today. In fact, I called urgent care when her temp spiked to 102.9, but was then told that we wouldn't need to bring her in until it hit 105. Please. I can't even imagine how miserable we'd all be if it got that high. She is burning up, can't keep a thing down and quickly approaching dehydration. Never a dull moment around here I tell ya. Say a prayer for our little beepa.

I have lots of videos from the past month to post but since Layla is now screaming, I'll do that this week instead of now.

Happy Memorial Day everyone, and thanks to all our soldiers that have served and are serving now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it's already the end of June?!

Anonymous said...

poor layla! we were always told to bring riley in as an infant if she hit 104 temp. so that's what i'd use for koen too.

hey - where did you get the layla backpack? i want one. he's outgrown the bjorn, so i need something else. is that easy to use? would you recommend it? i was also looking at hip slings.

The Sherman's said...

the backpack is from REI. Easy to use, yeah, I suppose. If you're talking about how easy it is to strap their chunky butts into the thing... but with our little tanks, I think it's REALLY heavy. I almost fall backwards with Layla in the pack (she's almost 24lbs and I'm assuming koko bean is the same or more). It hurts my shoulders too. Jake even thinks it's heavy after a while.