Thursday, September 4, 2008

Slave to the Woman

Well, blog land... sorry for the lack of posts over the past couple of weeks. There hasn't been much "down time" on our end since Jake's return from good 'ol Ft. McCoy, that's for sure. Jake had to go back to school for a week of meetings on the 25th and I was back to full swing at work (instead of two days of work from home each week to ease the load of being without a helping hand for three weeks).

Over Labor Day Weekend, we pretty much laid low and then on Labor Day I was hit with some nasty flu bug that about killed me. I've since recovered, passed it on to Jake and have scoured our entire house w/ all natural cleaners and germ killers. Hope it does the trick. Layla already has a cold... if I can keep the flu bug away from her, I'll call that a victory.

Yesterday started out as a normal day. A long commute into work, business as usual for the morning and then BAM!! Corporate America bitch slaps our entire division with a complete reorganization. That's all I'll say about that for fear of losing my job the way Dooce did for getting into too much detail on her own blog about business. There are definitely some positives that will come out of this, but there are still scary elements that come with a "re-org". No one really loves change and no one loves feeling like there might be some "unknowns" that could pop up around any corner at any moment and say, "Boo! I'm your new boss!" ;) Whatever will be, will be. Right? Such is life as a "slave to the woman." Yeah, I said it. Woman.

This weekend is our little Layla Bean's first birthday. I can't believe it. I know, how cliche saying something like that. But I seriuosly can't believe it. You mean it was a year ago already that I was in the Hartford hospital, pushing out that GIANT baby we now refer to as Layla Bean? That can't be right. It was a year ago this week that I was complaining about being tired, uncomfortable, hot, bored. HAHAHAHAHA!!! How trivial that all seems now. And if only I could go back in time and say to myself, "Girl, you think you're tired now. Wait until you meet that high maintainance royalty you're about to birth. Then you'll really know no sleep."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reorg? Nice.

Happy early birthday Layla Bean! How time flies! Blink and you'll be four. Seriously. THEN, look out mama.