Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bad Blogger Mama!



Dear Loyal Sherman Blog Followers,

I'm sorry for my absence, and lack in posts. I have let the daily grind and responsibilities of parenthood, work and life stand in the way of what is really important - blogging. ;) Things truly haven't been "out of control" or anything, just your regular busy days and nights. Work at Wells Fargo is definitely a bit strange these days, so I'm constantly on my toes keeping up with communications that will tell our participants, "Chill out, this happens, and you'll be fine. Leave your damn money where it is." I think that has taken a lot out of me. By the time I leave the office everyday, I'm a walking zombie. Then, it's off to my 2nd job as mommy.

Layla has been doing well (KNOCK ON WOOD). Since starting her on vitamins and dophalus powder, her health has been noticeably improved. I think she's teething again, but I'm prepared to struggle through teething for the next year. At this point, we're used to it. Layla's latest developments: She can finally push her walker and make turns around corners. It's hilarious to watch and a relief to know that if she bangs that thing up against a corner or wall that she'll be able to get herself out of the bind instead of screaming bloody murder to have one of us help her. She can walk along side of us while we hold just one of her hands. She's overly cautious, and only lets us do this every once in a while, but we're getting close to the day that she takes that first step. You can see it in her eyes how bad she wants to try it. She is in LOVE with Hudson. She looks for him first thing in the a.m., everyday and has to give him his "love pats" as often as he will let her. He's a patient one, that's for sure.
Other than that, really not much exciting on our end. Jake is diligently doing his part to kill the "big buck of '08". So far, no such luck. While he is out sitting in trees, I hang out w/Layla and make plans to hang out w/my girls. My trip north to hang out w/Theresa was a flippin blast - something I wish I could do way more often. Last week I also managed to have a dinner date w/ my old friend Jaimie, and was able to go out on the town w/the "desperate housewives" of the Redneck Riviera on Friday. That ended up as a wild and crazy night! Such a blast.
Here are few videos of Layla Bean. I have more, but blogspot is not cooperating this a.m.
Happy Tuesday to all!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is she wearing in the second picture? Did she borrow the pants from MC Hammer?

The Sherman's said...

eat it kelly. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hammer don't hurt em".....

Tee said...

Sticky little Layla! I miss you!! Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving....I hope!! :-)