Thursday, October 23, 2008

Early Mornin'

This morning, Layla decided to get up to play at about 4:00. It was dad's turn to get up, but after I while, Layla decided she wanted the whole family up to talk to and play with. So, after listening to her talk and cough (poor little girl has a cold) Hudson and I joined everyone in the living room for our a.m. coffee and news. Hudson, as you can see, was not super pumped about the early a.m. wake up call. He's not supposed to be up on the couch except for the spot we've designated for him with his blanket. He insists on this spot however, I think because it's usually in between Jake and I. I tried getting him to move today and this is the look he gave me.
By about 5:45 a.m., Layla decided she'd had enough and fell back asleep on the couch. Great. You go right ahead and sleep. Dad and I will just clean the house and do some laundry since we're up (which, is actually kind of what we did). I will give Layla kudos for last night though, since she actually slept from about 8:45 to 4:00. That's much better then Mon and Tue nights!

And here's something I was doing to pass the time before the sun came up... No, I am no photographer. That's for sure. I also have a camera that can now be considered ancient so that doesn't help things either. For a better view, please tilt your head to the left. Anyway, I bought this bottle of wine this weekend at Vino 100 with my friend Beth. It was the very first bottle of wine I saw when we walked in. It's called "Layla" and is a 2006 Cabernet. Of course I had to buy it! I bottle of wine, called Layla, which was bottled the year before she was born! I won't be drinking this one. I'll keep it and give it to Layla someday when she understands that it's no use to try to bust into the thing since it'll be old and fermented by the time I give it to her, and when she understands that it'll be pretty sweet to have a bottle of wine with your name on it. I dunno, if you ask me, I'd dig it if I had a bottle of old ass wine from 1976 called "April".



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like you wouldnt try and drink it....

g

Tee said...

I would have bought two and drank one of them. I love wine! :-)