Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Ice"



No, I'm actually not talking THE Ice Man (Ice Man Jim Crivitz, that is), I'm talking about the latest word Layla has learned to say. Jake and I are trying to teach Layla to pet Hudson "Nice". So every time she gives him a hard whack on the head, we say, "Layla, pet Hudson niiiice." Just the other night, she started saying "Iiiiice" when she pets him. She'll also pet us on the head, very soft and say, "Iiiice". Then, she'll do it to herself. Cutest thing ever.

She's just recently started having "conversations" with us and her teachers at daycare. She's really starting to mock what we say, which is scary because I wouldn't say Jake or I have very "clean mouths" 100% of the time. If we say, "Layla, no," she will turn and look at us and say, "no!" and then go back to what she's doing. If she is reaching for something and we hand it to her, she says "thank you" (but she pronounces it "Ta-oo").

I just cannot believe how fast she's growing up and learning things. She has had me just rolling on the floor laughing this week. She has developed quite the sense of humor and it is so much fun!! Before we know it she'll be saying her first swears. Then we're in trouble.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!! I could copy that post and put it on our blog about Teagan...she does the same things! She'll smack Melanie hard and then look at us and say "NO!" and then pet her soft and say "Ice"...it just cracks me up that they know what's wrong, but do it anyway just to see our reaction;)

Tee said...

awweee I miss her so much! I wish you were bringing her with you this weekend (I know you don't though), but it'd be so fun to watch her and Logan play together! A "wake up" away!

The Sherman's said...

well, when we do finally get logan and layla together, they'll be a hoot. i'm sure logan's at this stage too, but layla LOVES other babies. loves playing w/them (sometimes has sharing issues) and talking to them. sounds like thanksgiving will be their time to play and fall in love. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a great time hangin with you guys on Saturday!

gobbz