Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

This weekend was awesome. I had Friday off, as it was Jake's last day of spring break and I thought I'd take the day to chill w/the family. It was our first day of super nice weather, so we spent most of the day outside. I baked on the deck with my vampire book, Eclipse, and Jake thatched the lawn and busted his hump getting the leaves raked and trashed. I ended up with a sweet farmer burn, including a giant white "strip" across my wrist from my watch. I'm such a geek.

Saturday was just as gorgeous, and Layla had a blast out in the sun, caked with sunblock. She has a water table and a sand table that she played with for the entire afternoon. As you'll see, there was no shortage of fun on our deck on Saturday. I didn't have to do a thing. All mama was needed for was the water to fill the water table. After that, miss thang went to it and only asked for me when she thought she needed more "wawor".

Washing dishes. I mean, playing with her water toys and her water table - courtesy of neighbors Ron and Lisa.

That's melted chocolate chip cookie on her chin - courtesy of neighbor Lori!


This is the greatest day ever!


I'm too sexy for my swim suit.

Always so busy... little miss busy.



Nosey Hudson had to have his grill right up in Layla's face while she was sitting in her water table. I think he thought we filled it up just for him. God knows the dog thinks he's in hell when the temp rises above 60. You'd think we were out in 90 degree weather the way he was panting.


Posing for the camera, refusing to take her juice bottle out of her mouth. She has another ear infection and has to take meds for it... the only way we can get her to take the meds is with a bottle.
This is the look I got when I told her it was time to come in for a nap.
She doesn't even look like a baby anymore, does she?!! She looks like a little girl!

3 comments:

Kelly, Matt, Teagan and Sutter said...

Oh too cute! You're right she totally does look like a little girl...where does the time go?!

The Schultz's said...

Aww... you did have an excellent weekend!! Too adorable! I can't wait till Mason is at the 'self entertaining' phase. This weekend is supposed to be fabulous too, so maybe you can work on evening out that little wrist burn you got going :)

Anonymous said...

My all time favorite "Layla Look" is that one where you can tell she is sayin "Whatchu talkin bout momma?" she looks JUST like you when she give that look. love it!

g