Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vacation Rules!

A quick explanation on the updated pic for our blog header -- I don't really have one. I just thought this pic was irresistable and cannot believe how much she's grown!! Remember how chubby she was?!?!

Now, on to vacation stuff...

Dude... They need to make Miller Chill boxes in bigger sizes. How are little Layla Bean's supposed to get around in these suckers?!

Look closely... Layla's not the only toddler in this pile of leaves!



Layla: Oh yes Auntie Theresa! Yes please can I drop another color pellet into the water?? I love coloring easter eggs!!

Logan: Mama, can we color rocks?


Layla: If I concentrate really really hard, I will have the best egg!

Logan: Why can't I drop this camera case into one of the color waters?

Layla: Jesus, man! Chillax! Don't you know we're on vacation?

Logan: Uh, yeah! Vacation is AWESOME!!

A few quick glimpses of our first "family vacation" to the Dells. We went with the Meyers, who have posted a good majority of the pictures from our big vacation events. I'll post more when I get the disk from Tee, but until then, here's a snap shot. And, you can check out the Meyer Ranch to see their awesome pics and videos of our trip.


We had a flippin' blast at the Dells and packed in way more than I thought we'd be able to. We went to Mt. Olympus water park and daddy took Layla down a big grown up slide (she loved it, but didn't want to go again, that's for sure), went on a few rides and played games at the Mt. Olympus theme park, went to feed the deer at Deer park (I think that might have been the kids' favorite thing), explored the cabin, went on some walks, went fishin', the mommys got some alone time to shop (thanks for the help pickin' out the jeans, Tee), and the grown ups had a blast playing the Meyer's Wii (see video of my dumb ass playing tennis on the Meyer blog).

Oh, and if you're wondering whether a "vacation" with your kids is really like vacation - where you relax, kick it and do notta mucho... please view video above. Lighting is awful (the cabin we stayed in was attempting to be "romantic" when really they were making it hard to see and walk), but you'll get the jist if your volume is up. This was just before nap time - something you shouldn't attempt to skip on vacation with the kids.
All in all, the vacation was a success. The kids did great and had so much fun playing together. 3 days was the perfect amount of time... by Sunday morning, the kids had had ENOUGH and we're ready to GOOOOO!!! I think we were in the car for maybe 3 minutes before this happened...








2 comments:

Tee said...

LOL, Dude that's totally what Logan was saying while coloring eggs! I love it! I forgot all about the crying video, too funny! Why were they in the corner again? Great post April!

Kelly said...

So glad you guys had fun!! You sure did pack a lot into only 3 days!