Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I have TWO kids!!!

SERIOUSLY, having a 2yr old german shorthair and a baby IS like having TWO kids. Hudson is like a frickin' toddler. Constantly demanding attention and pulling funny stunts. On Sun a.m., dad slept in after pulling the night shift w/Layla. I was up feeding Layla, which meant Hudson was being ignored. I got up to look outside and saw Hudson sitting in the yard, along with BOTH of Jake's slippers, right next to each other, my jeans, and two of my shirts. The only thing missing was our underwear. Then the neighbors really would've thought Jake and I had a successful date night on Saturday! But that was his way of getting us outside. It worked, so props to him. Today, he REFUSES to come in the house.

Last night, Layla had a good night, so of course, HUDSON had to have a bad one. He woke me up by SITTING ON ME, literally. That means, "mom, move your ass, I have to poop or puke immediately." I couldn't do it. I'd just laid down after fighting w/ Layla for an hour and a half and told Jake to take him out. He did and back came Hudson. Not long later, he was up and making that barf noise that dogs make... I got up and let him out. Of course, I COMPLETELY forgot that it happened until just now as I was putting laundry away... there it was, staring me in the face. I pile of Hudson's barf w/ some doll parts in it (I gave him his own baby doll and he took his aggression for Layla out on it, apparently). Great. I bet this stain will come right up, since it's been there for about 9 hours now.

I've been organizing all a.m. and am ready to attempt taking a nap since Layla is out cold and Hudson keeps coming in and out, in and out, pretty much head butting me to come with him. Poor dog. I've already walked him and had one round of ball fetching, but that's not nearly enough. If only I could get him to work on the house cleaning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Slot!

The Sherman's said...

uh, what?

Anonymous said...

Nothing like having a jealous child around. Hopefully Hudson will get over it and be Layla's best friend and protector.

Jean