Monday, October 1, 2007

Spoke too soon... SAVE ME!!

Ah yeah, I spoke too soon with the whole, "she sleeps" post. I've pretty much jinxed it for us. Since then, things have taken a turn for the worst. In fact, I called the hospital yesterday seeking advice on what to do for Layla. Any advice would've done just fine... if it had been advice that would've provided instant relief. But it wasn't. I am fairly confident Layla has colic, and know for sure she's not adjusting to her formula. This causes her pretty bad tummy aches, which in turn keeps her awake at all times. If she does fall asleep, it's for 20 min. Then, she wakes up screaming, wanting to be held and have a bottle (the nurses say she's not hungry, she just thinks that a bottle will make her tummy feel better. It's a never ending cycle because the more she eats w/out needing it the worse her tummy feels, the less she sleeps, the more she cries, the more I cry, the less I sleep, etc., etc.) I am completely confused, terrified, sad, stressed, tired and overwhelmed. I just wish I knew what to do to help her. No one seems to know, not even me and I just want to crawl into a hole and pass out for a year.

:(

No comments: