Wednesday, April 16, 2008

3 Minutes of Silence... and that's it.

Uuuuuuuggghhh... (that's supposed to sound like a sigh).

This a.m. I woke up, for the 3rd day in a row, with the most intense sore throat ever. I could hardly speak, and was almost in tears. But things like this don't matter when you're a parent. Jake is closing in on the finish line, and has his final grad school presentation on Friday. So, this a.m. was just like all other a.m.'s for the past month or so. Jake helps mama get Bean ready as best he can, and had to go make the doughnuts early this a.m. I took Layla to daycare, as I am working from home AGAIN today.

Layla has an appointment at 11:00 w/the EN&T to talk about getting tubes. We'll see. I have a call in with my own dr to see if she'll see me this afternoon as I'm concerned I may have strep (really, whatever this is, I just don't want to pass it on to Layla or Jake). After dropping Layla off, I stopped at Hartford's very own, "Perc Place", a sweet little coffee shop / cafe "downtown". While there, and waiting for my latte, I realized that that very moment of my day, was my only moment of silence. My only "step away from the grind". So I took my sweet old time walking out of the cafe, into the hallway, and down the stairs. ... 3 minutes of silence... and that's it.

I would have some lovable pictures of our little Layla standing up with only a very small amount of help from daddy last night, and, of her clapping all on her own (in response to us saying, "Yeeeahhh! Layla is a big girl!"), but, of course, when I picked up the camera, the batteries were dead. Why wouldn't they be? At the very moment Layla decides to show us she can clap on her own, and on command, for the very first time, and, while she is almost standing w/no support for the very first time... I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "Calgon, take me away!" -- Do they even make Calgon anymore? Remember those commercials?

With that said, I've finished w/ my "Whoah is me" post... had to get it out there. I am a little wiped (as I'm sure you're all aware after reading this post, as well as the post from recent weeks) and stressed, but, am still forever grateful for my wonderful fam and healthy (for the most part) baby girl. Thank God for all of that, the roof over our heads, our wonderful neighbors and friends... If we didn't have that, well, I'd be in the loony bin.

Signing off... and not posting until I have nothing but good things to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring is on the way and then all these stupid viruses will be gone! And only 3 days until the spa so there is a light at the end of the tunnel...albeit only 2 days of light, but hey that's better than nothing!

Anonymous said...

do you have anything good to say yet?