Sunday, April 20, 2008

She's our "good thing"






As I said at the end of my last post, "I'm not posting until I have good things to say." I got to thinking after that. We have plenty of good things to say. A happy family, healthy, beautiful baby (aside from the colds and such that I've griped about), wonderful home and great friends, family and neighbors. We did not spend years upon years trying unsuccessfully for our baby (in fact, we didn't even spend months trying... our little Layla Bean was pretty much a sure thing) ;). Other families try for years only to find out thry can't have children of their own. Or, some families have babies that are born with chronic illnesses that call for daily shots, inhalers, treatments, you name it. We were blessed with a very happy, healthy (even when he has your typical virus that we all get during cold and flu season) baby girl. And that my friends, is our "good thing".

However, we do have another good thing to announce: Jake gave his final presentation to the chair and co-chair of his master's program department at Stritch on Friday night. He did a fantastic job! So fantastic, in fact, that they asked if they could use his portfolio as an example for others going forward. And, they offered him a job, teaching adults about blogging and land navigation (a class he teaches middle schoolers in the summer). So, looks like we'll have to start calling Jake, "Mr. Master President Professor" -- as he now officially has his master's degree, is still the president of his school union and will likely be teaching at stritch as a "professor" for the summer! Oh how proud we are!!!

As for me, well, I have my voice back for the most part. Coughing up a snot monster every hour or so, but at least I can talk. Getting better, day by day, which is all I can ask for. I'm headed to Sundara spa with Kelly today... for an early "Mother's Day Retreat"... ahhhh... a stay in one of their villas, girl talk, some wine, and spa treatments... That's definitely a good thing!

Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I still call him Jake?

The Sherman's said...

Sure... whatever you prefer. ;)