Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Last Night...

Our night in review...

I got home from work a little after 6:00 after pickin' up Hudson and Marley from daycare. Walk into the house to see Layla's carseat from Jake's truck laying on the floor, stripped down, turn to look at Jake holding Layla and see sheer exhaustion on his face.
Me: What happened?
Jake: Projectile vomit, all over my truck.
Me: Sick. That sucks.
Jake: Can you take her...she's had a bath, gotta clean up the truck.
Me: Sure! I bet she's hungry...

I proceed to try and feed her some squash and peas... projectile vomiting ensues.

Me: Oops. Guess you didn't puke from too much snots in your belly from that cold you had. You've got the flu, just like mama had.
Layla: Cry, cry, cry, gag, puke, gag, puke, dry heave, puke (lather, rinse and repeat for about 6 hours).

Kept Layla home from daycare today as she was so sick last night. Today started the major runs for her. Yumm. So stinky even Hudson had to back his way out of her room while I was changing her.

I was on 1st shift at home w/Layla, Dad's on 2nd shift. My eyes are burning out of my head, still have an assload of work to do at the office, have to stop at U.S. Cellular on the way home to replace the phone I dropped in the washer on Sunday... I attribute that little mis-do to none other than lack of sleep.

So babe... you ready for the 2nd kid yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll call the fox network - i'm sure they'd love to create a sherman reality show!

The Schultz's said...

OH NO ~ I am sooo sorry that Layla is sick :( I hope you guys all get better SOON!!!