Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Don't Mess With Mama!

So this a.m. at daycare drop, I had to "put the hammer down", once again. Seems to be a recurring theme with us. For some reason, the director at this dump, I mean daycare, thinks it's okay to fill the entry way with new changing tables, stacked almost to the ceiling (I'm not kidding) and leave them there for weeks. This a.m. I asked when they'd be moved, as they're a fire hazard and a hazard for moms with no balance (me). Have I mentioned that we have to take our shoes off before entering the infant room? So, each time I'm on Bean drop duty, I am lugging her in, her diaper bag and wearing heels, or, tall boots. So can you visualize me trying to get my shoes / boots off without an entryway that's been transitioned into an obstacle course. Yeah, exactly. I was speaking to the equivalent of a deaf mute when asking for an ETA on moving the obstacle course so decided leaving a message for the director would be a better bet. But, before leaving also had this conversation:

Me: "Oh look, there's no one here and ready for us in the infant room again and it's 7:45 a.m. Great!"
Kelly (AKA: Deaf Mute): ... pops around the corner and into the infant room - "Hi" (in a very timid, mousy voice).
I set Layla down, bring out the toys and in crawl the germ monsters from the older infant room (three of them, EACH with snot dripping down their face, one with big giant green boogs).
Me: "Oh, hi Alicia. Looks like you have never had a dry nose since we started, hugh? And Evan, you have a GIANT green snotty booger in your nose."
Deaf Mute proceeds to get up and get a kleenex for them, surly only because of my not so subtle hints.
Me: "Any idea when the changing tables are going to be moved?"
Deaf Mute: "ah, er, ah, mumble, stumble"
Me: "Don't let any of these kids touch Layla. She can't get sick before May 7th, which is when she's getting tubes."
Deaf Mute: Silence.
Young girl from toddler room: "Kelly, are you okay down there?"
Me: "No! She's not! She needs help down here!"

And off I went. Do you think I made a point? Doubt it. We're close... nearing an end to this b.s. poorly run "business"... We think we can, we think we can. We'll make it through the summer... Right? Right? ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up...I'd love to hear what they say about you after you leave:) I'm sure they think you're crazy...but that's good I think they need that fear in the back of their minds that you might go postal on them if they mess with Layla!!

The Sherman's said...

They absolutely think I'm crazy. I'm convinced that's the reason the girl asked Deaf Mute if she was okay... only because she knows I'm that biatch who's constantly telling them how to do their jobs and run that crap hole. She probably said, "Oh great, here comes divalicous... everyone, get your shit together or we're goin' down."

Tee said...

It's just too bad that they don't have their shit together even when you're not there and that they need you to tell them how to do their jobs. I'm glad Layla's almost done with that place!

Anonymous said...

when is layla done and where's she going? home with jake?

The Sherman's said...

Yeah... home with Jake. I wish!!! No, she's likely going to a wonderful in home daycare we were referred to by a friend of ours. She runs a tight ship (meaning lots of structure and routine), is just a wonderful, giving person, has an amazing home w/lots of land (far from the road) and even has horses! Awww... We love her and are very excited about the opportunity. She can't take Layla until September so it won't be until then. We have a few final "administrative" details to work out w/her, but should be finalizing things and locking everything in by EOW. :)

Anonymous said...

tell us more about the hot nanny

The Sherman's said...

shut it gobbz.

Anonymous said...

now THAT is funny