Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day ... Two Years Ago







It's hard to believe that this was only two years ago. Two years ago, on Veteran's Day (ironically), Jake returned home from his 15 mo deployment. It was an amazing belated Bday gift for me, and the end of a very long year apart for Jake and I. Thankfully, I had my dear friend Jaimie to keep me alive and afloat for the length of the deployment. Her husband, Jason, returned the same day as well.
Happy Veteran's Day, and thank you to those of you who've served our country and risked you lives to protect the privileges that we enjoy as Civilians of this great country.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jake for all of your sacrifices to serve our contry. We appreciate it tremendously. An honor to know such servicemen.

The Schultz's said...

Crazy how time flies! It already feels like forever ago that they got back and its only been two years. Nutz! Sooo happy we won't have to go through that again, huh?