Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cash for Clunkers? More like, "Car for Bottles"

Well, we did it. Finally made the big step and enrolled Layla in the "Car for bottles" program last night. We asked her if she'd like to have her very own car and she smiled really big and said, "Yep." Then, we told her, "Okay, but you have to throw all of your bottles away and be a big girl from now on. No more bottles, only big girl cups and then you can have your very own car." She looked a little freaked at first, but then we got out the garbage bag and told her she could put all the bottles in the bag herself. That did it. She basically spiked every last one into the bag. Then we praised her and said, "Okay, say bye-bye to the bottles!" She said bye-bye, we wheeled in her car and she hasn't looked back. Sure, you might call this bribing or spoiling, but I really think the car served as a huge distraction from the fact that her bottles were gone.

She did great last night, didn't even ask for a bottle and not a peep about them this morning. NO MORE BOTTLES!!! Yeeeaahhhhh!!!! I'm so sick of washing those damn things!!! And luggin' them around! Really makes me realize she's a little girl now and not a baby, but it's part of life, right? Holy Crap! I am gonna drive the poop out of this thing!! Look at this! I'm pushing my very own car! In the living room!!

Let's go! Let's do this! Who needs bottles!? I have a car now!!

Vrrroooom! Vrooooom!!
And, on a separate note, here are a few pics that I thought were funny ... the first, Layla in daddy's old hunting jacket from when he was a baby (this is up at G'ma and G'pa's a few weekends ago)!! Thank goodness Heavy D saves everything! How cute is this?!

Bean in daddy's hunting jacket from when he was a little guy!

This one is from a while ago... Bean has discovered "boobies" (or, as she calls them, boobas). So, you can imagine her delight when she found my cami w/ a built in bra. She was pumped to have her own "boobas".






3 comments:

Kelly, Matt, Teagan and Sutter said...

Oh yay...congrats on that big step! I know every little mile stone like that makes you realize that they're not babies anymore:( Oh and I'm all about bribing...I'm pretty sure that potty training is impossible without using bribery!

Tee said...

Nice wheels Layla Bean! Apes you're going to LOVE moving that huge thing around your living room! I was constantly moving Logan's car/John Deere out of the way...I finally said, "Ok only outside can you drive the car/John Deere." Congrats bean on the no bottles as well! :-)

Anonymous said...

won't you need said bottles for the next one????