Sunday, September 6, 2009

Year Two

Dear Layla,

Happy Birthday my beautiful baby girl. Tonight, at 7:21 p.m., you turned 2 years old. Funny... I thought I'd be able to get through this post without tearing up. I didn't get past typing "7:21 p.m." without welling up. So, Internet, forgive any typos that may come. My eyes are full of mommy tears.

Every day we spend with you is one more day of love, satisfaction and amazement. You make the darkest days brighter and the happiest best of days even better. Last night, I laid and cried a bit (I know, how sappy, I just truly cannot believe that you've been with us for two whole years already) and thought about how much you've grown. It has gone by too fast. Everyone told us it would, but I never imagined it this way. I'm sad because I can't fully remember your "baby" years anymore. Oh sure, I remember when you were BRAND spankin new and mad at the world - how could we forget your screams?! But I am now realizing that I don,t fully remember the baby time. When you were a ball of pudge and happiness. Clapping and waving your hands incessantly at everything that moved. Thank God for this blog and the pictures... I need to spend some time going back and looking at the posts about your first tooth, when you learned to crawl, walk, your first word. Was it "mommy", "daddy", or "ball"?

When I put you to bed at night, I stare at you and thank God for sending you to me. I ask him to help me remember this moment. This very moment while I'm rocking you. How your face looks. How you smell. The shape of your nose, length of your eye lashes. I ask him to help me engrave the memories of the day with you into my brain. I just don't want to let any precious moments with you slip away.

Layla, Happy Birthday my little love bug. You have absolutely rocked my world. You're an awesome little diva, a super duper comedian, the biggest sweetheart I know and you make me love you like I never thought it was possible for a human to love. Thank you for letting me be your mommy. Please don't grow up too fast. Please know that your daddy and I love you so much, that we are ALWAYS here for you, that we will never leave you and that we live for you.

Pictures from the party to come tomorrow... my eyes are too full of tears to post pics now. And, I'm so pooped for the "Bee" Birthday Party I might just pass out - after I have a left over piece of ice cream cake!

We love you Layla!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bean,
It was a great party!!!
thanks for inviting us. You will be busy helping Daddy rearrange the
garage for YOUR fleet. Zippy says Hi!
Ice/HD

Tee said...

Happy Birthday Bean...and thanks for the beautiful post April...I'm bawling my eyes out as well!