Wednesday, January 27, 2010

All aboard the potty train!!


Oh yes... the potty train! Layla is on board and fully potty trained!! Well, I guess I shouldn't say "fully", as she still wears a pull-up to bed at night because we haven't transitioned her into her big girl bed. That's on our list of to-do's. But, other than that, she's an undie wearing, peein' and poopin' on the potty toddler (when do you stop referring to them as toddlers? Don't tell me now either, cuz I'm not ready).

We did the 3 day method, starting on Christmas Day. Yes, I said it. On Christmas. Whatev's. We had a few days of doing a whole lot of laying low, playing Mario Kart and nothing else on the docket so we thought, what the hell? Our method was to let Bean run around buck for three days. I think that she was able to tell when she had to go a lot better w/out the diaper than with. We bought a little tikes potty and put it in the living room to start, so she wouldn't have to go far when she had to go. When she said, "I gotta go potty!" we'd wooosh her onto her little pink potty and off she went. Then we transitioned her to the big potty (with one of those fancy seats that prevents her little booty from falling in) and bam! Potty trained.

Let me tell you, it's an awesome accomplishment and I'm so proud of her. I remember when she was a baby in diapers and one of her teachers at daycare said to me, "This one is going to be easy to potty train. She HATES having a wet diaper." When she said that I thought, "Great, lady. You just jinxed us." Not so much. She was right.

Geeze. Potty trained, going to school with the "big kids". What next? Driving? Boyfriend? Vegas? Wedding? Grandkids?

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

No comments: