Friday, March 5, 2010

First Field Trip

Well, unfortunately, mommy was having a technologically challenging day on the day of Layla's first field trip last week, so no pictures were taken (Tee, this is where I open the doors to you and Jake to start ripping on me for being the opposite of you two, so tech savvy). We just got a new camera, thank God, courtesy of my mommy, but at the time of the field trip, I had no clue how to use the thing.

In any event, the field trip was a huge success!! Layla's face was precious as we lined up to load the bus. She stared at it the way you or I might stare a real, live dinosaur in the face. She was absolutely amazed by it. And, she was the only kid to stop and say hi to the bus driver. So adorable. She was so proud of herself as we rode on the bus, and loved that she could see so much out of the window (especially the fact that we could see INTO other people's cars because they were below us).

We arrived at Family Fun Land in Germantown and commenced playing immediately. Layla's favorite was what she calls, "The monkey house" (a bouncy house for little ones with blow up animals in it, including a monkey). She did great and only bonked her head about two or three times. She really poured on the drama for those two minor bonks too, I think because I was there. She also played in the big bouncy house with some of the big kids, and climbed up in the jungle gym several times. This was kind of scary for me, as I've always been scared shitless that Bean would get trapped in one of those things. But, at Family Fun Land, it's big enough to support adults so I was able to climb in with her and go through the entire thing (including down a big, giant, twisty slide that I thought for sure we'd smash into another kid on). Exhausting!

By the time we loaded the bus (an hour and a half later), the kids were all totally wiped out. The bus ride home was virtually silent. So funny!

Next field trip: Hike at Pike Lake! Can't wait!!! And, for that one, I'll actually take pictures!!

No comments: