Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Wells Fargo Family

So I mentioned in my last post that I owed my Wells Fargo Family a huge thank you post for the amazing support they've given me since this whole thing has started. I feel so blessed to have the job that I do as I actually get to write for a living, which is what I like doing, although sometimes I'd prefer to be writing about traveling, wine, or other more social activities instead of planning for retirement, but someones got to teach the world to save their pennies so they can do all of that fun stuff when they do quit working, right? On top of enjoying what I do on a daily basis, I am also lucky enough to work with an amazing group of people, who, from day one treated me like a friend or family member, not just your run of the mill coworker. I started with this group just before I had Layla girl (before that I was with Wells, but working in a slightly different division). One thing I remember clearly when interviewing for this position was that the girls on my team were all very adorable and trendy. Is that shallow? I just thought, "Oh, look at her hair cut! It's so cute" (Christine), and, "My gosh, her skin is perfect and she has the best jewelry" (Christy), and, "This one must be super smart because she is a cute little young one with very pretty, shiny hair" (Heather). I know... this is all very weird. But I'm weird. So it shouldn't come as a surprise. I also remember that when I went in for the interview I was hugely pregnant and sort of kept that little gem in my pocket because I wasn't sure if it was something I should spring on the group before they met me. One of my bosses, Jennifer, greeted me at the interview and was just so nice about everything. She was congratulating me and smiling, all the while I'm thinking, "This girl has style too! What is this, the 'style division' of Wells?!"

Anyway, enough of the total background on my immediate team at Wells. If you'd like to know their blood types I can probably get those for you if you need. ;) So let's get back to when this all started. The day it happened, I decided it would be a good idea to go into work because I had an important meeting at 9:00 that day (Drew, you know what I'm talking about). ;) As soon as a few of my coworkers got wind that I had "fainted" that a.m., concerned eyes started bulging and I proceeded to follow their advice and made a doctor's appointment. From then on, my team was nothing but supportive. Keeping in touch via phone / texts, etc. My poor friend Heather was the one who had to take the first teary / scared phone call from me the following day when they admitted me into St. Luke's. She's so sweet. She just told me to stay calm (that's Heather, she's our rock) and that she would let everyone know and would only be a call away. My boss, Drew, was amazing as well, helping me get things set up for my leave and being very understanding with everything.

In the short time that there was for everyone at work to absorb this, my immediate team and others that I work with across the country rallied for me and helped contribute to an amazingly generous and thoughtful care package that Christine, a tiny peanut of a girl, delivered to me in all but a hurricane at the hospital. Awesome magazines, movies, the Sex and the City box DVD set, The Sopranos, adorable Old Navy slipper boots, Victoria's Secret jammies and socks, trident layers (Paul, was that you?) ;), and more, more, more. I was so touched. Thank you Wells, you really brought a smile to my face and continue to do so as I squirm my way through recovery.

Today seems like I'm feeling a bit better. Still slow as a snail and can't do much at all before I feel like I need to do heavy breathing exercises and take a nap, but at least I'm home and with my family. We'll be taking Layla trick-or-treating today (she'll be a bumble bee) so I hope to be able to post some pics later. I will try to avoid landing in any of them... I think I'll be in a wheel chair, which is funny and embarrassing at the same time.

Happy Halloween!!! And, THANK YOU WELLS!!

1 comment:

The Schultz's said...

What a sweet gift from your team!! I am sure it will help in your recovery time. I am sooo happy that you are home and getting settled. I can't wait to see you!