Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Conversation #3 with Layla: Booger Machine

Good Lord, I remembered conversation #3 (see post below)! It just came to me out of nowhere! Looks like my short-term memory might be getting better (1 year and 3 months after brain surgery).

Here's the story, followed by the conversation:

Recently, I dug out Layla's Vick's humidifier for her room. She's been sporting the sexy winter boogers that are usually a cross between dust, pebbles and blood. Poor thing. When I put the humidifier in her room, she was naturally curious.
Layla: "What is that thing, mommy?"
Me: "It's a booger machine."
Layla: "A booger machine?"
Me: "Yes, in the winter your boogers get dry and hard and they get stuck, so this machine will help to melt your boogers or will make them go away so mommy doesn't have to try to get your icky boogs out for you."
Layla: "Oh! That's great!"

Since then, she's been very enthusiastic about turning the booger machine on every night before bed. Just a few days ago, she said to me, "Mommy, I told Miss Christy (teacher) that she should really get a booger machine for her room. I told her it'll help melt her boogers and make her nose feel better."

When I asked what Miss Christy said to that, Layla said, "She said she'd look into it."

I might have to explain to Miss Christy that a booger machine is a humidifier.

No comments: