Monday, January 16, 2012

First winter Layla WANTS to play in the snow!

Maybe it's because we have a "princess" for a daughter (Jake loves this, let me tell you), maybe it's just the girl in her (no offense to girls or feminists out there), but up until this winter,Layla has wanted nothing to do with the "joys" that come with winter and playing outside. We'd suit her up and take her outside to have fun in the snow and she'd last, I kid you not, 5 minutes before she'd start complaining about it being too cold (except for when daddy would take her snow mobiling, in which case she lasted so long she'd fall asleep on the sled - but God forbid she just get outside to play while we shovel or go for a walk). And before you ask, yes, we did dress her appropriately. I think she was just a little freeze baby or something and one thing I know for sure is she HATES wind. I honestly think she thinks it's out to get her and blow her away into never land.

But finally, on Friday morning, as we were walking out to the truck for school, Layla got super excited and jumped into the snow and said, "Yeah! Can we play in this snow!? Can I eat it? Can we build a snow man? Can I make a snow angel? Can we have a snow fight?!" Since these are all your typical cliche ideas of activities to do outside with kids in winter, I have to assume they've been talking about this all at school and that the discussions have helped plant the seed about winter being fun and not the devil. Whatever the case may be, I'm jazzed about it.

We came home Friday night after a trip to McDonald's play land (reward for filling up her star chart for listening and helping out around the house) and went out to play in the snow. Layla had a blast, but I was frozen. I didn't know where all my winter gear was and mama's snow pants DO NOT fit these days. Thankfully, the next day, Jake let me where his snow pants for our sledding trip, which accommodated the pregnant budah.

Here are some pics of Layla's fun.

 Layla eating snow - looks more to me like she's planking or like she took a serious face plant. Funny.

 Mmmm. She loves her some snow.

 My lil' snow angel.

 Shit - this stuff isn't yellow is it?

Yeah baby. I'm a snow bunny. Let's do this.

1 comment: