Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Conversations with Layla

1. While a rerun of Glee played on t.v. (Madonna episode, so yes, very fitting for a 4-year old), "Like a Prayer" grabbed Layla's attention. She stared at the t.v. for a minute or two and said, "Mama, are they singing a blessing?" My response: "Um, yeah, I suppose you could call it a blessing." Amen Madonna. Amen.

2. Layla likes it when I swaddle her stuffed animals in her blankets. She asked me this morning to wrap her Hudson animal (like I need to explain this, but it's her stuffed puppy that looks just like Hudson). As I was wrapping it:
  Layla: "No mom, wrap his whole body."
  Me: "Don't you want me to leave his head out so he can breath?"
  Layla: "No mom! He's not real! He's a stuffed animal!"
Jeez. So much for using my imagination. I didn't realize she was 14 already.

3. Pregnancy brain has captured this loving, hystarical memory. It's gone. I only remember reminding myself that there were 3 funny stories I wanted to share. Shit the bed. Let's see how long it takes for that final converation to resurface - and man, it was a good one too (is it ironic that I remember it was really good and funny, but don't remember a thing about the conversation itself?).

No comments: