Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm back!

Alright, I'll admit it. My attempt at being a better blogger and picture sharer by moving from Blogger to Shutterfly was a flop. I'm going to pull the pregnancy card on this one - I made the "switch" in July, and one month later I'm on my ass from "morning" sickness and all the other physical joys that come with early pregnancy. The first trimester grossness lasted almost 4+ months for me, not 3, so I'd say I've been back on my feet for about one month since getting our wonderful news in August. And when I say "back on my feet", I mean, I don't feel like I may barf at any moment, and my headaches have faded away (Thank the good Lord). However, now I'm just big, uncomfortable, and TIRED as hell.

In any event, I've been thinking about the blog and how much satisfaction it brought me in my final months of pregnancy with Layla. It was therapeutic to write about everything I was experiencing and anticipating during that time, and I think it'll be the same this time around. Plus, I owe it to fam and friends to keep them updated on our day-to-day adventures (or lack thereof) and photos (eh hem, this means I need to get the camera out and actually start using it again).


I've also decided to come back to Blogger because my "fan base" (insert sarcastic tone and chuckle here) has notified me that they're not as happy with my Shuttefly site as they were with my blog. I owe my fame to my fans, so I'm coming back - by popular demand (insert louder chuckle).


For now, since I haven't touched the camera in months (oh my poor Layla), I'll just give you a quick write-up on the happenings for the Sherman's over the past six months:
- Got pregnant
- Layla started pre-K at a new school (the Dream Center) and LOVES it. She's so happy that when I come to pick her up at night she pouts and asks me to go home and make dinner and then come back for her - such a night and day switch from the way things were at her old school.
- Got sick and felt like shit for 4 months
- Keeping busy with Layla while Jake works his face off at school prepping for the tech department's open house in February
- Had an MRI (two weeks ago) that showed no regrowth of my tumor and gave me a good bill of health and permission not to come back until June!
- Attended one too many gatherings with friends who could drink and get loud while I watched and slept with my eyes open
- Layla had her first "high profile" dance recital in December


Layla is continuing to grow into the shining diva I know she'll be. Some days I'm shocked at the things she says... Not necessarily in a bad way, but more so in a "Holy shit, this isn't supposed to be happening for at least 8-9 years." Man, are we in for some excitement when we've got that second little girl in the house - especially when the two of them are 17 and 13. Ohhhhh mamacita. ;)


That's about it - nothing earth shattering or overly exciting. But I'm fine with that. I've learned to appreciate the greatness that comes out of a low key, non-event filled life. We are definitely due for a big event soon though. Obviously, the birth of baby girl #2 comes in first on that list, but we're praying for the house of our dreams to fall from the sky and be a good fit for us because I cannot go through another school year living in Hartford with all that comes with Jake's schedule / commute to and from Plymouth. Ohhhh no (said in the voice and tone of Clark Griswold from Christmas Vacation when he's on the brink of his nervous breakdown after finding out he's been enrolled in the jelly of the month club instead of getting his usual Christmas bonus)! If we need to take a few steps back and rent a house, that's what we'll do, but we're not staying here. Not gonna happen. I believe good things come to those who wait - but I also believe if you want something done, you do it your damn self. I'm not waiting around for the universe to shift in my favor people.


More to come. Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

Danica said...

I have to admit, I didn't visit the shutterfly site as much as Blogger, but that may be because I have a few other Blogger sites that I check regularly, so yours was just part of my routine. Funny how mine is not part of my routine. Anyway, so happy to hear of such wonderful things that have come your way in the past few months April!...now, if only we could see a picture of you and your growing belly :) Glad you are feeling better...other than the sleepiness. Hang in there - I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes quickly for you! And then you'll have your beautiful reward at the end of it all - yay!

April said...

Thanks Danica! I suppose I should post a pic of the belly and me (notice how I put the belly before me - it's definitely getting more attention that me these days, that's for sure)!? Stay tuned for budah pics. :)