Monday, February 25, 2008

Papa's Tattoo




For Jake's bday, I surprised him by taking him in to have his tattoo updated with Layla's name. He has my name (which he got when we were on vacation in GA last year celebrating Jake's return from his deployment) and now Layla's name looped into his wrist tatt, and has designated a spot for the 2nd Sherman baby (who will not be making an appearance in this world for a few years, so don't get all excited about it). Turned out well and he's very excited!!

To Rachel and Kevin: Thank you so much for taking care of Layla while we went out for Jake's bday dinner on Sat. I know, we're a crazy couple... leaving for a whole 2 hours or so! We're just so beat that even getting out for a short time is exhausting.. but well needed. We really appreciate it and Layla said she had a blast w/you!

Beth n' Adam: Thank you again for understanding about this weekend and the cancelled plans. Jake and I spent Saturday running lots of overdue errands (oil change, groceries, baby stuff, car seats installed, blah blah blah) cleaning the house, putting up window treatments, cooking a week's worth of meals (because we're too busy to do it during the week), etc. I don't think that I sat down once this weekend, except for the two hours Jake and I spent at the restaurant for his bday. I ABSOLUTELY am looking forward to making the trip to see you guys... hopefully sooner than later. Although we've been at this parent thing for almost 6 months now, we seem to encounter a new challenge or experience almost weekly. So, needless to say, we're still getting into the swing of things with keeping a balanced family, work, and home life. We'll get there, I promise.

Happy Monday everyone! :)

1 comment:

gobbz said...

I'm sure Beth and Adam understood, but, did you say you were sorry to poor ole Glen?

He's gonna be maaaaaad.